Law School Discussion

Resume Critique

Resume Critique
« on: November 23, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »
Hi  :),

Is anyone willing to critque my resume? I would prefer to have it more applicable to law school but I'm having a difficult time doing that because I lack law experience.

Any advice/critique would be greatly appreciated! I copied and pasted my resume from Word so I apologize if it appears a little out of sorts.

*Resume removed*

bigs5068

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Resume Critique
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 07:23:33 PM »
Well if you are from Simi Valley/T.O. you are pretty cool! Honestly, schools care very little about your resume. I doubt it makes up even 1% of an admissions decision. Are you trying to get into Pepperdine ? 

If so just check out lawschoolnumbers if you don't already know about it. http://pepperdine.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/0910/

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 08:32:05 PM »
Hi!

Thanks for the response, Bigs. And another thank you for the compliment!

Yes, I am trying to be accepted into Pepperdine. I checked out lawschool numbers briefly in the past and didn't find any helpful info (although I will admit that I don't think I knew very much about nativating my way through the site, and my stay was all of maybe, 2-3 minutes lol).

So should I not worry too much about what is stated on my resume? If so, then that realization is very comforting! That is one less obstacle in my way!

bigs5068

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 08:57:09 PM »
Make it look competent of course. If you look at lawschoolnumbers, you will see what really matters is LSAT/GPA and URM status.  98% of acceptances are based on the numbers and nothing else. I remember stressing out about every little detail when applying, but the schools I got into our reflective of my numbers. The ones that rejected me are also reflective. If you write a competent personal statement, resume, and LOR's it will be fine. I would not say don't worry about, but don't kill yourself over it either.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 09:02:43 PM »
That makes sense. So the question is, does my resume look competent? Is there anything you personally think should be reworded, deleted, expanded upon?

Thank you for your time.

bigs5068

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 09:14:53 PM »
This site seems to have messed up the format, but it looks competent to me. There is no right way to do a resume, but this seems fine. You can always make edits etc, but nothing sticks out to me that has to be changed.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 07:22:13 PM »
That is great news! Thank you for the input. I'll add some revisions here and there if need be.

Thank you again for all of your responses! You're da bomb!  8)