Law School Discussion

When to apply?

When to apply?
« on: November 23, 2010, 06:54:07 PM »
Hi all  :),

I know this is probably a stupid question (which I already know the answer to) but I would like some input. I'm taking the December LSAT and the score will be available around January 10. I'm thinking that the admission committee won't view my application until late January/early February. So, my question is, when would be a good time to apply? I want to apply asap (I get paid this week so I'm planning to apply next week before December 1) but part of me is thinking that it might not matter if I apply in December or early January because the ad. com. will not be looking at my application until my LSAT score is released.

I would appreciate any input. Thank you for your time!

EDIT: I have one more question. How do I address the ad. com.? Should I use the phrase, "To whom it may concern", "Dear Admissions Committee" <-that sounds kind of lame lol. Again, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: When to apply?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 07:09:25 AM »
If you've got your stuff together apply the day your score is released. 

MEMEMEME

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 12:00:34 PM »
Why don't you take your stuff to your career counselor or prelaw advisor and ask him or her? They would give you the best answer

bigs5068

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »
If I remember correctly you can just apply now and then when they get your score you will go complete. It might give you a brownie point or something if you apply to the school in November opposed to January. If you have LOR's, personal statement, transcript etc ready to go send it in. Then when your score gets released it will go directly to them.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 07:11:49 PM »
Thank you all for responses.

Unfortunately not all of my material is at LSAC at the moment. I'm still waiting for the LORs to be mailed (I'm hoping my professors send the letters before Christmas). I'm also in the process of finalizing my ps. So...as much as I would like to apply asap, I think it's my best bet (now) to wait until late December/early January. I figure that the ad. com.s won't look at my application until it's considered 'complete' which won't occur until roughly January 10 when my LSAT score is released.  :-\

To answer Memememe's question; I graduated from CLU and live an hour and-a-half away from the school so I thought it would be more convenient to ask here.

bigs5068

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 12:08:41 AM »
It would probably take you 5 hours to drive through the traffic out there. I have been traffic jams at 2:00 a.m. on the 101. It is awesome  :-\. At least if you go to Pepperdine you will be by the beach and have no reason to leave or deal with the god awful traffic out there.

MEMEMEME

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 06:46:56 AM »
There's always e-mail. It wouldn't hurt to ask questions. That's what they're paid for and plus you can e-mail attachments.