Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where should I apply?? 178/3.25 AA male  (Read 2680 times)

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
Re: Where should I apply?? 178/3.25 AA male
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 12:06:28 PM »
I think T5 are a reach, but you could get into a T14.  Apply to the top 2 schools serving the market that you want to work in, and add a couple of good ones like NYU if you want to work East coast, or Berkely  if you want to work West coast.   

Starlett

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 04:38:07 PM »
I would apply to all of your top law school choices (and a few safety schools).  You have pretty strong numbers (especially if you had a technical major).  You need to make sure that the rest of your application is flawless and that you highlight all of your "non-number" characteristics like extracurricular activities, work experience, etc.  My experience at Harvard Law School was awesome so you should definitely apply there!  The poster above is correct - the Harvard BLSA is very active and with African American attendance right around 10% - our numbers on campus were strong.  Good luck!

Star
2006 Harvard Law School Grad
www.thestarlawapplicant.com
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Law-Applicant-Attaining-ebook/dp/B0050CKVNE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1305663332&sr=8-3

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 08:55:51 AM »
Seriously?  178?  Check out the big brain on you!!!

Quick question, how did you end up with a 3.25?  Did you major in biochemical engineering or something?

Personally, in your shoes, I'd apply EVERYWHERE.  I think you stand a shot at pretty much any school in the country.  Of course, I'm a 0L going to a 4T school, so take it for what it's worth.

Very, very well-done on that LSAT score.  That's amazing.  I would think on the basis of that score, alone, you'll have a lot of open doors.