Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAC takes 3 weeks to process LOR?  (Read 2038 times)

doovyhan

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAC takes 3 weeks to process LOR?
« on: November 18, 2010, 07:54:31 PM »
Here's the time line.

On October 29th, I received a letter from my professor that she sent out a letter to LSAC.
I suppose it wouldn't take more than 3~4 business days for them to get the mail, so let's suppose, the latest, that LSAC gets the mail by November 4th.

On November 10th, I called LSAC to see if they got the letter. They told me to be patient and also to give it 7~10 business days.

On November 16th, I called LSAC again as 10 business days have passed. They said "We don't see any note on your account. It means there's no problem." 
They told me to give it a couple of more days and then if it still doesn't show, contact the professor.

Today is November 18th, it's still not showing up. It's been full three weeks, definitely more than 10 business days.

I'm biting my nails and trying to figure out what to do....
Is it lost in the mail? Has anyone ever had a case in which it took 3 weeks to get LOR posted?
How the hell should I ask the professor to send it again, because I really want to avoid having to print out LOR form AGAIN and having to mail it to her AGAIN, which would add two weeks of time with all thanksgiving brouhaha!!  what a bad timing... Can I just ask the professor to send the letter without the LOR form?

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAC takes 3 weeks to process LOR?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:36:17 PM »
I suspect that LSAC may be backed up as the cycle is in full swing.  Call them and ask directly if they have it.  If they do, be patient.  If not, express mail the professor the LSAC form

MEMEMEME

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 08:49:01 AM »
Just to let you know, I sent a transcript request form via mail to one of my schools and it is already up there on LSAC.org and the school couldn't have received my form earlier than the 22nd and then it was Thanksgiving....so...I don't know what's up with your stuff.

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 12:53:23 PM »
Think thats fun? Wait for lawschool where it takes up to 6 weeks to get your grades!