Law School Discussion

LR Practice Question Thoughts?

MEMEMEME

LR Practice Question Thoughts?
« on: November 17, 2010, 05:48:53 PM »
This is the question:

We have a moral obligation not to destroy books, even if they belong to us. The reason is quite simple: If preserved, books will almost certainly contribue to the intellectual and emotional enrichment of future generations.

Which one of the following most accurately expresses the principle underlying the argument

I chose: It is morally incumbent upon us to devote effort to performing actions that have at least some chance of improving other people's lives.

Correct Answer: We are morally obligated not to destroy anything that will most likely enrich, either emotionally or intellectually, our prosperity.

I chose the first answer even if we don't destroy something it is still an action. I didn't choose the correct answer because under my line of thought, future generations are not us. So we can't say that it will most likely enrich OUR prosperity. Apparently I was wrong though. Any explanations or thoughts?

MEMEMEME

Re: LR Practice Question Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 06:13:20 PM »
Ok, well I figured out what I did wrong. The word I read as "prosperity" several times over was actually "posterity." Just a reminder to all future LSAT takers to read carefully and not let your eyes skip ahead!

Re: LR Practice Question Thoughts?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 08:32:36 PM »
The hardest part of the LSAT for me was slowing down.  I was used to speed reading of sorts, which is not conducive for doing well on the LSAT.  Definitely a new skill I had to pick up