Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why can't people just be expeditious?!  (Read 1155 times)

MEMEMEME

Why can't people just be expeditious?!
« on: November 11, 2010, 10:19:49 PM »
For a couple of my applications, I need three letters of recommendation. I see one of my recommenders every week, so knock on wood, I am not too worried about his letter. Now the other two are from old professors who I asked through e-mail and they agreed. I don't want to be annoying, but what is a nice way to sort of get across the point that it would be nice if the letters were uploaded on LSAC.org by mid-December? I would have had this LOR thing squared away long ago had my mother not passed away this summer and I suppose the fact I am scrambling for everything to apply mid-cycle is stressing me out quite terribly. I just wish the external factors (LORs) were in...

So, when should I contact these two recommenders again?  I initially asked them and they agreed about three weeks ago and they haven't been in touch since I told them I was sending out the LSAC LOR forms (which I have done).

bold-aslove

• View Profile
Re: Why can't people just be expeditious?!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 04:36:22 PM »
I'm sorry about your loss.

I would say give it another week if that.
Professors normally don't forget, but they do get busy.  My professor tells me to constantly remind him about my LOR and I see him everyday.

I would just shoot them another e-mail saying, "thanks again for agreeing to write a LOR for me, your input is much appreciated.  I intended to start applying to law schools this January and will certainly keep you informed of my progress"  or something like that.

basically, just a little nudge to remind him/her without flat out saying where's my LOR.