Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Suing your law school?  (Read 1745 times)

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Suing your law school?
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »
If they win based on charging to much money I am behind it. I still do not see how any school justifies continually raising their tuition rates each year. In the  Bay Area I can see no justification for any school to be charging 30K or more for tuition. If anything it seems more like a Sherman Act violation, because if you want to be a lawyer you have to go through an ABA school. There are only 200 or so of them and they are all outrageously priced. As far as I know they do not need to justify why they are raising tuition or anything and they can just increase tuition by 2,000 any given year. Maybe student's should make a union or something that would be cool. As it stands there is no regulation on how much they are charging and that is the only real problem I see with law schools.

The quality of the education is not a problem and I don't even think finding jobs is that much of an issue. However, charging 100k and still being required to pay for textbooks and all kinds of other things seems outrageous to me.

oleg1244

• View Profile
Re: Suing your law school?
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 05:31:17 PM »
I agree with everything Bigs has said. I have actually decided to put off law school for a little while even though I already took the lsat because I received a job offer for a Big4 accounting firm. I am hoping I made the right choice.
LSAT: 158
Current Undergrad GPA: 3.44