Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PrepTest books or Powerscore Logic Bible  (Read 527 times)

altlover85

• View Profile
PrepTest books or Powerscore Logic Bible
« on: October 21, 2010, 07:54:24 PM »
I'm having trouble deciding between getting the set of 10 books or getting the Powerscore Logic Bible.  I've taken 3 practice LSATS so far.  I don't remember the score on my first test because it was 5 years ago.  I think it was in the 150's.  I took another the June 2007 test a few weeks ago and got a 144.  I took the  one last week and got a 156.  I'm aiming for 165-170, but I would be okay with 155-165.  I should be taking the test in February 2011.

I can get through the other sections, but with the logic games, I always take too long with the games and end up missing one entirely.  I've heard the Powerscore books overcomplicate things, but I think the focus on logic games might be just what I need.  Do any of you have preferences for one book over the other?  If so, what are your reasons?

Thanks for any help.

Sappho

• View Profile
Re: PrepTest books or Powerscore Logic Bible
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 10:18:39 AM »
I preferred the entire set of the Powerscore books - LG, LR, and RC.  The way the books breakdown each section were helpful for me, and I appreciated the practice problems.  In addition, I also had practice LSAT exams to work with.  One webpage that had a good suggestion for how to study is this webpage: 
This helped me a lot.  http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/

I am still waiting for my scores the second time around.  I did Kaplan the first time around and didn't like the approach.  It was too confusing for me.
Law School 2011.
Took the LSAT twice.  Scored higher (thankfully) with the second test.
Special thank you to http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/ for the LSAT study guides.
Good luck with applications everyone!

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: PrepTest books or Powerscore Logic Bible
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 12:16:06 AM »
PS books are for study, tests are for practice.  Why would you choose between them?

(And I agree that PS tends to overcomplicate things, but to each his own.)