Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SUGGESTIONS FOR LSAT TEST PREP  (Read 4688 times)

Dejavue07

• View Profile
    • Email
SUGGESTIONS FOR LSAT TEST PREP
« on: October 19, 2010, 12:16:28 AM »
Hello All,
I was wondering if anyone could offer their opinion on which Preparation course is a good one to take for the LSAT. I am planning to take the June 2011 exam, with the hopes that I can raise my score anywhere between 10-15 higher. The more the better. I am willing to invest in the preparation course in spite of how costly it may be, but want to know from those who have experienced first hand.

Thanks In Advance!!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR LSAT TEST PREP
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 09:28:23 AM »
june test be hardest ever.

MEMEMEME

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 02:04:37 PM »
I liked Princeton LSAT Online Self-paced lessons. No instructor, but all the instruction you need and you can do it when you have time. Also, people seem to like the Powerscore Bibles.

Sappho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 10:19:21 AM »
I really liked the Powerscore books.  I also used this person's LSAT study guide as a pacing method: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/
Law School 2011.
Took the LSAT twice.  Scored higher (thankfully) with the second test.
Special thank you to http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/ for the LSAT study guides.
Good luck with applications everyone!

mlhuggins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 10:22:24 PM »
I would definitely suggest Stratus Prep in NYC. I had actually already studied with another big name company in LSAT Prep before coming to Stratus Prep, so I thought there was not much more for me to learn. However, from day one, the Stratus Prep LSAT course taught me new concepts I had never seen before, and showed me much more intuitive ways of tackling the LSAT. Also, their classes are small which encourage discussion. Instructors are very helpful and motivated to help you get the best score. They are also very good for private tutoring and admissions advice. All in all, if what you are looking for is to raise your LSAT score and get into the law school you want, Stratus Prep is the way to go.

christopher 78

• View Profile
    • International Process Server
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 10:41:21 PM »
Great price. It's nice that you can do it and that "Streets" lets you.

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 07:57:25 PM »
I liked kaplan, but really have no point of comparison.  Where are you testing now?  I think the big companies, princton and kaplan, tend to be better for students starting out in the 150s or lower.  For students scoring higher the smaller, more elite prep companies are said to be better.
HLS 2010

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 07:03:23 AM »
In my view, most of the prep depends on you.  You will get in what you put in for many of the prep companies.  If you are willing to work you will improve

lsathero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 06:23:36 PM »
I'm also planning for the June 2011 test, and while I'm not sure where you're located, if you can get to New York City easily enough, then I strongly recommend Stratus Prep. I just wrapped my LSAT class there and it's been well worth the 5-hour roundtrip train ride every weekend. I had Shawn as my instructor (he's also the founder), and frankly I feel much more confident about approaching the LSAT and law school admissions knowing this guy is in my corner. He and his staff know this stuff inside and out, and because it's a small, close-knit operation, I can get reliably answers to any questions and support when frustration kicks in (which it always does with big endeavors like applying to law school). I've signed up for tutoring and admissions counseling too, and I expect it will be among the smartest investments I've made so far.