Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted to Thomas M. Cooley with low LSAT and GPA?  (Read 3988 times)

cammygolf4

• View Profile
Accepted to Thomas M. Cooley with low LSAT and GPA?
« on: October 17, 2010, 08:21:41 PM »
Thanks for reading all. I am just curious if anyone knows someone who has gotten into Thomas Cooley with a very low LSAT and GPA score. I know websites show this law school's lowest acceptable LSAT and GPA score  is LSAT Low 154, GPA LOW 2.75, but I read the school actually accepts lower than that.  I've read the 'good' and the 'bad' about Thomas M. Cooley through articles and various forums, so I'm not here to discuss that (I know how topics can branch out to other topics). I'm just curious if anyone knows, even if someone personally, has gotten into Thomas Cooley Law School with scores lower than this. Just out of curiosity am I asking this question, so thanks ahead of time!

MeganEW

• View Profile
Re: Accepted to Thomas M. Cooley with low LSAT and GPA?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 08:29:36 PM »
Thanks for reading all. I am just curious if anyone knows someone who has gotten into Thomas Cooley with a very low LSAT and GPA score. I know websites show this law school's lowest acceptable LSAT and GPA score  is LSAT Low 145, GPA LOW 2.75, but I read the school actually accepts lower than that.  I've read the 'good' and the 'bad' about Thomas M. Cooley through articles and various forums, so I'm not here to discuss that (I know how topics can branch out to other topics). I'm just curious if anyone knows, even if someone personally, has gotten into Thomas Cooley Law School with scores lower than this. Just out of curiosity am I asking this question, so thanks ahead of time!
Personally?  No.  I don't know anyone who has even considered Cooley.  However, this woman (if real) got in with a 144 / 2.5:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/glb15943/jd
Acceptances: UIUC, IUB, Fordham, W&L, OSU
WL: Notre Dame
Rejections: NYU, Northwestern

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 11:04:33 AM »
If you look at LSN 2009-2010, you can see even lower LSATs with medium GPAs--lowest LSAT appears to be 139. As for low LSAT & GPA, it shows a 142/2.35 acceptance for 2009.

JDGuy86

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 11:15:07 PM »
Yes, I'd say you have a very good chance of admission. I applied last year and got in (and will be attending in fall). My lsat was slightly higher, but my gpa was around the 2.5 area. Message for more info if you like. Best of luck with your applications.

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 08:39:46 AM »
Please seriously question the wisdom of paying $900/credit hour at Cooley.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 08:43:11 AM »
Please seriously question the wisdom of paying $900/credit hour at Cooley.

^^^
Agree.  Only go to Cooley if you have a full scholarship.  Otherwise, spare yourself the time, money, and effort.

Sappho

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 10:14:51 AM »
My undergrad gpa was a 2.75, and the first try with the LSAT was a 146.  I'm still waiting on my second LSAT scores from the October 2010 exam, and Cooley had already sent me an acceptance letter.  I am happy to say at least I have been accepted into one law school. 

Good luck to everyone as they complete the application process as well.
Law School 2011.
Took the LSAT twice.  Scored higher (thankfully) with the second test.
Special thank you to http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/ for the LSAT study guides.
Good luck with applications everyone!