Law School Discussion

Kaplan free practice tests??? Anyone attend one?

Kaplan free practice tests??? Anyone attend one?
« on: October 12, 2010, 06:18:16 AM »
I am planning on prepping for the third and final time for the June 2011 test.  I am not interested in Kaplan practice tests, I'd rather do the real thing.  Is it possible just to go to the practice test center and bring my own test?  I have a bubble sheet and PTs.  What I really want is the test center experience-having people around me and timing.  Libraries suck here and I am not in college so other than my bedroom, its hard to find a place to take a simulated PT.  Also, can I attend more than 1 or is there a limit?

Re: Kaplan free practice tests??? Anyone attend one?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 09:55:48 AM »
I didn't but I did something like this for another prep company in DC (not a big name company). 

They will prob only let you take ONE free exam and that's it.  One good thing about taking timed tests outside your room is that you can get yourself into test mode better.  Taking a test in a quiet room is great, but when you sense 30-300 others' nerves around you, that can make you do worse.  I did worse in my first timed exam with other guys but improved as I got immune to it

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 10:18:44 PM »
I am not interested in Kaplan practice tests, I'd rather do the real thing.

Pretty sure Kaplan uses real tests now and has for years.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 06:20:21 AM »
Earl Cat is correct.  Every test Kaplan uses real, as with individuals from the class