Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to send recommendation that is not in letter format?  (Read 1384 times)

aclawnow

• View Profile
How to send recommendation that is not in letter format?
« on: October 10, 2010, 11:35:32 AM »
Hello All,

I have a picture of me and top politician whom I had worked for while in undergraduate at UAlbany. I think it would be to my benefit to send in this picture because she had wrote a personal recommendation on the picture, yet the LSAC does not accept photographs? Does anyone know how I should go about sending this in to the admissions offices on my own? I was thinking of just doing paper applications but some schools dont allow that and only allow LSAC submission. I'm not sure how to go about sending them this, maybe just creating a general letter asking them to attach it to my application I had submitted through LSAC? Thank you for your help and time!

louiebstef

• Sr. Citizen
  • 45 y/o Non-Trad-2012 cycle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How to send recommendation that is not in letter format?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 07:05:54 AM »
Ummmmm...I don't know.

I wouldn't do it personally.  Let's use some basic logic here.  LSAC has no way to post and deliver photo
media to the law schools.......ergo

Law schools may not be interested in RECEIVING it.

Just some food for thought.

P.S.  I'm a retired military officer and have a handful of photos of me with a couple of Presidents.  Not relevant, IMO.
"Why be a lawyer? I'm already an ass.  Might as well go professional!"

MeganEW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 07:11:10 AM »
Yeah, not relevant.  I know it can be awkward to ask busy, powerful people to write letters for you, but if the politician in the photo thinks highly of you, s/he will send a proper letter with the appropriate LSAC cover.

You may also find this useful:
http://www.law.nyu.edu/admissions/jdadmissions/applicants/admissions_questions/recommendation_letters/index.htm
Acceptances: UIUC, IUB, Fordham, W&L, OSU
WL: Notre Dame
Rejections: NYU, Northwestern

autoreg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 09:31:29 AM »
Thanks for this interesting information. Really helpful
http://www.autoreg.ro- vanzare masini second hand