Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DC testing center metro fiasco  (Read 407 times)

L-Spot

• View Profile
    • Email
DC testing center metro fiasco
« on: October 09, 2010, 10:16:04 PM »
So I missed the LSAT today.  If I wasn't on the fence between an absence and a stab/cancel, I'd be extremely pissed. 

Anybody who attempted to metro from VA to a DC testing center such as American or UDC definitely had a abrupt change in travel plans.  I noticed there was "construction" this weekend on the website, but there is ALWAYS construction on weekends, and I thought nothing of it.  In my experience it has always been intermediate stations closing that are easily bridged by a shuttle.  It has NEVER been an entire f***ing station, not to mention what is probably the largest station in the system, serving as a transfer for six different lines.

Needless to say they didn't mention anything when I got on the train, only when I was being forced off it.  At this time I was a little uneasy, but I thought finding a cab would be no problem.  Through maybe a stroke of bad fortune, or maybe just a total lack of cabs on a Saturday morning, I couldn't hail one, not for 20-30 minutes.

A simple phone call to a cab company or friend would do the trick, but of course I followed the rule that no cell phones are allowed to the test.

I saw at least two other people that were freaking out pretty bad.  Felt bad for them.   

Because I was on the fence, I saw it as a sign that maybe its just better if I study more and take it in December.  I was already disappointed at myself for a strong start to studying and a very lax finish in the last month.

Just wanted to see if this affected anybody else.