Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The "I JUST BOMBED THE LSAT NO DOUBT ABOUT IT" panic mode Thread  (Read 4303 times)

aclawnow

• View Profile
Re: The "I JUST BOMBED THE LSAT NO DOUBT ABOUT IT" panic mode Thread
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 10:49:30 AM »
My circumstance differs a bit but I am just as concerned as you are. On all my practice before the real LSAT I was scoring pretty low and I know I needed more prep so I registered and planned to sit out of this October LSAT. However I noticed the days I took those few practice exams I was on adderrall because I was prepping all day in the book store before from 8 to 6 then class from 6:30 to 10. So I took the online exam the next morning (while not on adderrall) and jumped up from low 140s to mid 150s. I feel as though those things were holding me back, so I locked in and went in there for this exam. It was the first didn't I rarely guessed (maybe just two questions) and I dont  feel overall too bad about it. However, the realistic part of it is that your practice scores are good indicators? So I dont know what to think, but I haven't canceled yet because I felt pretty good about the exam. I think you'll be just fine as I hope I will as well.

RachelK

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The "I JUST BOMBED THE LSAT NO DOUBT ABOUT IT" panic mode Thread
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 12:21:01 AM »
I took the June LSAT and as soon as I left I cried and almost cancelled my score. I ran out of time on the Logic Games and that threw me off mentally for the rest of the test. I decided not to cancel and the next few weeks were torture, I kept going over every question in my mind and convinced myself I got a 120. However, I ended up being pleased with my score! So, moral of the story, you're going to underestimate yourself but just relax and everything will be fine.. you can ALWAYS retake it.

This is the most encouraging thing i've read... I did pretty decent on logic games, considering i didn't get flustered and got to the last game and answered 2 out of 5 or 6 questions ,then bubbled in random answers for the rest... my problem is I guessed on at least 4 questions on each section. and i feel like I was in a daze the whole time. I know i didn't give up. I definitely kept pushing and trying to stay focused. somethng keeps telling me i could have done better but a part of me feels like I did just fine because I didn't give up like I did when i took it last year. its just better to expect the worst so that if its better than you thought then you cannot be too disappointed.