Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT is only about a day away...  (Read 466 times)

L-Spot

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT is only about a day away...
« on: October 08, 2010, 02:02:02 AM »
So here is my question.  I've studied inconsistently, I've gotten a 160 on a previous test and I want high 160s like I've tested.  I'm signed up for the test in a few hours and I've decided that my indicator between keeping my score or canceling is dependent on my "feeling" of the Games and the Reading Comprehension, because my LRs sections are pretty consistent, and to me easy on time.

The question is, lets say I'm in the first part of the test, and I bomb and Game or Reading section?  Has anybody just "walked out" on the break?  If I get a large snag on a certain game or reasoning I plan on a cancellation.

The test stays at your desk (from my previous experience).  So do they just grab the half-answered sheet if you're not there?  I ask this specifically because I have a fear of canceling a great score.  If I have a set game plan to ditch and run, why not leave at the break if things went sour?  Any ideas?

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT is only about a day away...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 08:38:11 AM »
The section you "bomb" may be the experimental.  Finish the test then decide.  If there is a chance that the section was the experimental (1st of 2 games for example), think before you cancel

MeganEW

• View Profile
Re: LSAT is only about a day away...
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 08:52:55 AM »
The section you "bomb" may be the experimental.  Finish the test then decide.  If there is a chance that the section was the experimental (1st of 2 games for example), think before you cancel
Ha - I was about to post this exact thought earlier.  I agree.  I "bombed" the experimental LG section (typically my strongest) on mine.  The real LG section came after the break and looked a lot more like what I was used to seeing, so I figured the first was the experimental.  I received as much confirmation I could with my score; I would have done much worse if the 2nd LG section was the experimental section.
Acceptances: UIUC, IUB, Fordham, W&L, OSU
WL: Notre Dame
Rejections: NYU, Northwestern