Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: American Heritage University College of Law  (Read 11587 times)

DeltaBravoKS

• View Profile
Re: American Heritage University College of Law
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 06:21:37 AM »
RD, please keep us updated on your progress.  I'm sure you know there are nay-sayers here that will tell you it is a tough row to hoe (and they are correct).  DL is for 'everyone' but not 'everyone' can succeed.  If you are self motivated and self disciplined, you can succeed.  If you are not, it will be easy to put off work and keep putting it off until you are too far behind (but we all know this, right?).

I wish you well and hope the nay-sayers won't keep you from logging on from time to time and sharing your experience with DL.  I still hope to do this some day and every real perspective is valuable to me.

livinglegend

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • legalmatch
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 10:37:05 AM »
Indeed distance learning is not for everyone and for something as volumous and nuanced as the law it is even more difficult, but it can be done. You will have an uphill battle, but it is one you can win with hard work and a bit of luck.

You may want to use this board to help on your law school journey there are some great posters on this board.

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2013, 01:20:54 AM »
I agree that a motivated, disciplined individual can succeed by going the DL route. However, I do think that someone considering this approach should thoroughly research the schools, bar admission requirements, and both FYLSE and bar exam pass rates. Not all schools are created equal, and some have produced very few (if any) lawyers.

Do your due diligence, and go into this process with your eyes wide open.

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 01:59:26 AM »
UPDATE

It appears that AHU had three first time bar takers for the July, 2013 bar exam, and one passer for a rate of 33%.

DeltaBravoKS

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 10:51:46 AM »
Wow, 33% is pretty good for a DL school.  Uh, but wait, yes, you said it was only one person, didn't you.  AH should have not let the other two sit for this one and they'd have had a 100% rating!  Oh well.

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 05:11:08 PM »
Yeah, many of the CBE and unaccredited schools in CA have very small numbers of people taking the bar. With such a small statistical sample it's difficult to draw any conclusions, positive or negative.

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 07:58:47 PM »
That is what I call small sample.