Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: struggling with the LSAT  (Read 3167 times)

barryb

• View Profile
struggling with the LSAT
« on: September 30, 2010, 03:32:41 AM »
 :'(

Okay guys I'm writing my LSAT in December and I`ve been studying like crazy but im not getting the marks that i want (Average 145-150. I use Kaplan books, i have practice tests and I'm actually planning to get a one on one tutor to help me.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to how i should study or what books i should use?

Examples: Amount you study? How you study? Books? Courses? Strategies?

Thanks alot you guys and good luck with law school

smartandunique

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: struggling with the LSAT
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 07:57:12 AM »
Stay focused and committed. It takes time.I'm sure you'll see your numbers improve.

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 09:34:18 AM »
Define/clarify how you are studying and then it may be easier to help refine your habits

Morten Lund

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »
Everything they said, and also:  understand the questions.  The LSAT repeats questions constantly, just in different guises, and if you truly understand the questions you will easily spot the repeaters.  Don't worry about timing yourself for now.  Instead take your time and really work through the problems in depth, far more than just picking the answer.  Work through each wrong answer and identify why the answer is wrong and why the test thought you might pick it anyway.  Grok the question.  (sorry)

After that, you can start worrying about the clock again.