Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any RC Tips or Tricks?  (Read 469 times)

MEMEMEME

Any RC Tips or Tricks?
« on: September 21, 2010, 08:00:07 PM »
Ok, if you had more time with RC, it would be quite brainless, right? Well, you don't. So, any tricks or tips? It's not as though we all haven't been reading and answering questions most of our lives, so I can't fathom how one could speed up being able to read and comprehend- but let me know if there is a way.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
Re: Any RC Tips or Tricks?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 09:24:18 PM »
For one thing, focus on careful critical 'active' reading of the content, meaning that you really engage your mind in thinking about it as you go rather than trying to read it all really fast.  Basically, slow down to speed up.

Do you find yourself reading stuff really fast and then having to re-read things multiple times along the way because it didn't sink in/click well enough on first read to confidently answer questions?  If so, slow down your reading pace so that you understand and process the content better on the first read so that you don't have to bounce around re-reading things frequently. 

MEMEMEME

Re: Any RC Tips or Tricks?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:07:20 PM »
Ok, I will let you know how that method pans out after my next practice test on Friday  :)