Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Logic Reasoning  (Read 776 times)

jwsteine

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT Logic Reasoning
« on: September 21, 2010, 02:31:30 PM »
Hey everyone, I am taking the October LSAT in a few weeks. I have been practicing questions off and on for about 3 months now.  I am doing really well on the logic games and reading sections; however, I can't figure out the logic reasoning. I recently took a practice test and scored a 150, but I missed 31 questions on both of the logic reasoning sections combined.  Any advice on what to do to get me improving my logic reasoning score?

aleph_rahn

• View Profile
Re: LSAT Logic Reasoning
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 02:39:15 PM »
Read the Logical Reasoning Bible if you haven't already...what is your target? 31 questions is quite a bit to miss on two sections. You might want to wait until December unless you're confident you can make great improvement in a short time.

jwsteine

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 02:41:36 PM »
I am shooting for the upper 150's.  I've looked at various scales and have seen if i can get it down to only about 15-18 incorrect on the two sections combined then I should be about there.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 09:00:35 PM »

Sounds like you need to do a lot of work on the LR sections.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think it is realistic to cut down the amount of LR questions you miss per test from ~30 to minus 15 or less in the less than 3 weeks left before the October test.  There are only about 50-52 LR questions per test and according to your info you are missing an overwhelming majority of them. 

What have you done so far to prep over the last 3 months other than working questions off and on for practice?

aleph_rahn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 01:21:46 AM »
It sounds like you need more time in general to prepare to improve on LR.

Try going back to preptests you've done and tallying up the number of each LR type you missed. Work more on the types you miss the most to cut down on missed questions. But like I mentioned, it does seem as if you need more time to prepare overall.