Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: criminal law  (Read 582 times)

servant

• View Profile
    • Email
criminal law
« on: September 17, 2010, 02:27:22 PM »
Can someone help me to get a sentence vacated? I was found not guilty by reason of insanity/ and guilty of the same offense that happened at the exact same time and day. A jury came back with this verdict. I understand now that the judge should have vacated this guilty verdict when this happened. This happened in the State of Colorado. I am trying to find out what I can do at this late date to get this guilty verdict vacated?

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: criminal law
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 04:07:28 PM »
Can someone help me to get a sentence vacated? I was found not guilty by reason of insanity/ and guilty of the same offense that happened at the exact same time and day. A jury came back with this verdict. I understand now that the judge should have vacated this guilty verdict when this happened. This happened in the State of Colorado. I am trying to find out what I can do at this late date to get this guilty verdict vacated?

Call your local public defender's office or hire an attorney.

servant

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 09:43:39 PM »
I am so very sorry that I posted a question on this board. I was really trying to forget about the things that I know about our criminal justice system. Just for my own peace of mind I read answers to a question about someone trying to explain how they were feeling about test be posted were everyone could see the answers to an up coming exam. I wanted to be shocked by some of the answers I was reading by some folks who really are on the fast track to becoming lawyers. Now I truly understand why lawyers become such good liars. What is being taught in law school, or should I say what is not being taught in law School really explains why there really is no justice for everyone.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 10:25:10 PM »
I am so very sorry that I posted a question on this board. I was really trying to forget about the things that I know about our criminal justice system. Just for my own peace of mind I read answers to a question about someone trying to explain how they were feeling about test be posted were everyone could see the answers to an up coming exam. I wanted to be shocked by some of the answers I was reading by some folks who really are on the fast track to becoming lawyers. Now I truly understand why lawyers become such good liars. What is being taught in law school, or should I say what is not being taught in law School really explains why there really is no justice for everyone.

What in the world are you talking about?  No one here can help you because (1) most here are not attorneys and to do so would be the unauthorized practice of law, and (2) even if there were attorneys on this board, they could not help you without forming an attorney-client relationship.  It has nothing to do with being a liar.  It has everything to do with putting our asses on the line for you - some anonymous guy on a message board.  Do you pay for malpractice insurance?

servant

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 12:44:05 PM »
I am so very happy that you decided to answer for everyone in law school. The rules only apply when they can advance your cause or help your friends. I can honestly tell you this, I have paid enough because of my ideas to own the malpractice system. you have a nice life.

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 02:23:44 PM »
The rules apply to ALL law students and attorneys, john was speaking FACT, not opinion.  Law students are prohibited from practicing law, PERIOD. 

I am so very happy that you decided to answer for everyone in law school. The rules only apply when they can advance your cause or help your friends. I can honestly tell you this, I have paid enough because of my ideas to own the malpractice system. you have a nice life.