Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How was OCI?  (Read 3529 times)

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How was OCI?
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 12:37:44 PM »
I mean honestly OCI is very difficult, I was just out with some people that went to my undergrad then went to GGU tier 4 and transferred to Hastings tier 1 after their first year. They graduated last year and are still having trouble finding work and did not get anything through OCI. They didn't think Hastings really did any more for them than GGU and they ended up giving up significant scholarship significant money to go to the 44th best school.  In regards to OCI  Hastings still loses out to Stanford, Berkley, Harvard, UCLA, Georgetown etc and San Francisco is a popular place to live, so I agree with your point if you go to one of the ELITE SCHOOLS, but even tier 1's won't make much of a difference for you. Honestly,  OCI is just tough and there are 100's of students competing  for a few jobs and I would think most people except maybe at Harvard and ELITE SCHOOLS do no get jobs through OCI. I really think unless you go to an ELITE SCHOOL the rank does not matter and your chances of getting anything through OCI are minimal. The burden is going to be on you to get a job 90% of the time and it looks like you got it done.