Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2010-2011 Application Cycle  (Read 13488 times)

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-2011 Application Cycle
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2010, 08:09:31 PM »
But standing arrogantly by your guns when wrong and talking smack about the guy that actually knows what he is talking about is ok?
Yeah, that makes bucket loads more sense.  :'( :-X

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2010, 10:53:19 PM »
I am wrong about you using proper grammar?  I have to disagree. As do others.

So where do you go to law school at?  Your class ranking?

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2010, 11:00:02 PM »
Further, what evidence do you have that I, or anyone else is wrong?  Anecdotes from your life?  Not credibility.  For that to occur would, you would have to be able to use English at least semi-correctly. 

You believing you are correct because you are a 2L, so what.  There are those here who have actually graduated.  Using your logic, we should all ignore you and take only advice for them.

Lastly, simply doing something does not make you an expert.  I may sing in the shower, but a pop star I am not.  Look at it this way, if you were planning on starting a business, let us say a bank.  Who would you hire as a consultant?  The bank teller who does it all day and scrapes by (you).  Or the scholar with a PhD in economics, a Masters in Finance, and an MBA?  Simply choice using common sense.  Your logic would say the bank teller knows more.

Might want to ask those experts of yours how document review is post graduation.  Ex-military who has killed?  I believe you killed much bacteria while cleaning toilets, scrub

Morten Lund

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2010, 11:11:19 PM »
Well, this thread took a sudden turn for the less pleasant.

In any event, sorry to hear about Penn and UVA - although this way you will be spared the dubious honor of having attended the same school as the infamous Mr. "I have to be at the gym in 26 minutes," so there is that.

And I certainly agree that it seems that Georgetown would be a good fit for you - but I am still crossing my fingers for New Haven, long shot as that may be.

And Merry Christmas to all, as well.

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2010, 11:14:23 PM »
What do I have to prove that I'm right about lawschool? You want proof, sit in on a class, take an exam. Untill then believe in santa for all I care, give me your homeaddress and I'll show up with the proof.

Further, what evidence do you have that I, or anyone else is wrong?  Anecdotes from your life?  Not credibility.  For that to occur would, you would have to be able to use English at least semi-correctly. 

You believing you are correct because you are a 2L, so what.  There are those here who have actually graduated.  Using your logic, we should all ignore you and take only advice for them.

Lastly, simply doing something does not make you an expert.  I may sing in the shower, but a pop star I am not.  Look at it this way, if you were planning on starting a business, let us say a bank.  Who would you hire as a consultant?  The bank teller who does it all day and scrapes by (you).  Or the scholar with a PhD in economics, a Masters in Finance, and an MBA?  Simply choice using common sense.  Your logic would say the bank teller knows more.

Might want to ask those experts of yours how document review is post graduation.  Ex-military who has killed?  I believe you killed much bacteria while cleaning toilets, scrub

louiebstef

• Sr. Citizen
  • 45 y/o Non-Trad-2012 cycle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2010, 01:54:46 AM »
Well, this thread took a sudden turn for the less pleasant.

In any event, sorry to hear about Penn and UVA - although this way you will be spared the dubious honor of having attended the same school as the infamous Mr. "I have to be at the gym in 26 minutes," so there is that.

And I certainly agree that it seems that Georgetown would be a good fit for you - but I am still crossing my fingers for New Haven, long shot as that may be.

And Merry Christmas to all, as well.

Morten,

I really had no idea that Marcus applied to Yale, as well.  Here I have been chiding him to look for housing in D.C., LOL.  If Marcus goes to Yale, I'll take his place at little old Georgetown.  ;)
"Why be a lawyer? I'm already an ass.  Might as well go professional!"

Morten Lund

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2010, 03:51:24 AM »
I egged him on to YLS, I am afraid, on the theory that they are more likely than most to go for the unusual.  It is a long shot, of course (as it is for everyone), but it's a worthwhile roll of the dice.

But based on what I've seen here, he does seem like a good Georgetown fit.

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2010, 10:38:10 AM »
Yale...... :P