Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2010-2011 Application Cycle  (Read 13705 times)

louiebstef

• Sr. Citizen
  • 45 y/o Non-Trad-2012 cycle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2010-2011 Application Cycle
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2010, 11:01:30 AM »
Mandamus,

For shame!  Marcus and Megan (poor slimy civilians) are dead RIGHT.  What happened to your military bearing?  Your poor grammar, hostile tone and general lack of intelligence paints a negative picture of veterans.  A veteran should stand out as an example of comportment and character.  You do neither.

I personally do not care for your condescension.  People here like Megan and Marcus are sharing, being positive influences.  What are you doing?  Are you using using this site as a type of twisted gestalt therapy?

Please find somewhere else to be negative.

/louiebstef
CWO4, USN (ret.)
"Why be a lawyer? I'm already an ass.  Might as well go professional!"

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2010, 11:41:20 AM »
The post below is from a 20 year military man who is honorable and I am proud to have represent our country.

So mandamus, you have you to say who you are.  Where did you serve?  What law school do you go to?  What is your class rank?

As for the difference between practice and study, I consider myself well studied.  I have worked in a law firm, spoken with current law students, and done what I beleive to be the required research before apllying to law school.  Your negativity manifests your lack of preparation for law school, and thus your lack of qualifications to study, as well as practice, law.

If you worked as a paralegal, then I take it back. That being said most people here keep being confused about the practice of law and the study of law. When someone points it out, they AGAIN go back to trying to explain the PRACTICE, thats like me saying dude there are no sharks in the pool, and someone AGAIN trying to prove that sharks lives in the ocean. There is an insane difference.

As for serving for the OP, STFU, if I want to here a civie cry I'll poke one with a fork. Once again, someone who only THINKS they know on a subject making a post, not in lawschool, never killed a man, but you watch a lot of tv and know people who did, awsome, just plain awsome.

(read below to see the copy&paste cookiecutter kneejerk responce of a neverdid)

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »
Louiebstef, again thank you for your service and coming to my defense.

Megan, thank you as well for coming to my defense. 

When I hear current law students complain law school is nothing like what they expected, I find it entertaining.  If one can't research what law school is and about, then how can one be trusted to research in law school and beyond?

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2010, 11:43:18 AM »
If you served 20 years and still not in lawschool, you are full of shitt. Go visit the VFW and get a reality check kid.

The post below is from a 20 year military man who is honorable and I am proud to have represent our country.

So mandamus, you have you to say who you are.  Where did you serve?  What law school do you go to?  What is your class rank?

As for the difference between practice and study, I consider myself well studied.  I have worked in a law firm, spoken with current law students, and done what I beleive to be the required research before apllying to law school.  Your negativity manifests your lack of preparation for law school, and thus your lack of qualifications to study, as well as practice, law.

If you worked as a paralegal, then I take it back. That being said most people here keep being confused about the practice of law and the study of law. When someone points it out, they AGAIN go back to trying to explain the PRACTICE, thats like me saying dude there are no sharks in the pool, and someone AGAIN trying to prove that sharks lives in the ocean. There is an insane difference.

As for serving for the OP, STFU, if I want to here a civie cry I'll poke one with a fork. Once again, someone who only THINKS they know on a subject making a post, not in lawschool, never killed a man, but you watch a lot of tv and know people who did, awsome, just plain awsome.

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2010, 11:44:42 AM »
I'm  not saying its not what I expected(although it is an intersting experience) just that its not what EVERYONE else here that isn't in it seems to think it is.

Louiebstef, again thank you for your service and coming to my defense.

Megan, thank you as well for coming to my defense. 

When I hear current law students complain law school is nothing like what they expected, I find it entertaining.  If one can't research what law school is and about, then how can one be trusted to research in law school and beyond?

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2010, 11:55:01 AM »
So your are assuming that you know what we think?  Assumptions are the weakness in any logical argument

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2010, 11:57:18 AM »
I never said I was a 20 year service member.  Louiebstef is.  So you look down upon him because he has served his 20 years and now about to apply to law school?  Without class you are little boy (or girl). 

If you served 20 years and still not in lawschool, you are full of shitt. Go visit the VFW and get a reality check kid.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 23, 2010, 12:36:47 PM »

The name calling and general disrespect shown to the other posters in this thread is not acceptable. This ban will expire in two days. The next one is permanent.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

louiebstef

• Sr. Citizen
  • 45 y/o Non-Trad-2012 cycle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2010, 05:38:29 PM »
Nealric,

Thanks.  Much of that was truly uncalled for.
"Why be a lawyer? I'm already an ass.  Might as well go professional!"

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2010, 05:58:56 PM »
Thank you as well Nealric.

The negativity is unwarranted.  Saying that people should research law school before attending is one thing.  But being so negative that it may turn someone away from a passion is indefensible.