Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2010-2011 Application Cycle  (Read 13220 times)

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-2011 Application Cycle
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2010, 09:44:08 PM »
Wow, fetus, me 2L, me know how lawschool work.

You can watch legally blonde all you want, but reality is not a tv show nor is it whatever myth they feed you in prelaw. Logic matters(never contested that but you are too illogical to realise that) I see fetus's like you each term walk in the door and they either get the realitybitchslap and move on, or stay selfrightously ignorant to reality and fail out with a grammaticly perfect appeal letter that ends up denied.

"but my friends told me....... :'("

Proper English and logic are don't matter in law school?

Again, no wonder you are so negative. English and logic are not necessary to apply law to fact.  I'll keep that in mind if I decide I want to fail at law school.

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2010, 09:57:39 PM »
You see fetuses (fetus's as you have it implies possession) like me every term.  Please, do describe what you mean as like me. And how could you see them every term?  If they either fail out or get "the realitybitchslap" then there would be none left in the spring semester for you to see.

And bravo for making it to 2L in your head.  For no one with such little of an understanding of the English language could muster graduating college, let alone getting into law school.  I'm sorry if mommy and daddy hold your hand.  Take the silver spoon out from your rectum and learn to live on your own.

You can watch legally blonde all you want, but reality is not a tv show nor is it whatever myth they feed you in prelaw. Logic matters(never contested that but you are too illogical to realise that) I see fetus's like you each term walk in the door and they either get the realitybitchslap and move on, or stay selfrightously ignorant to reality and fail out with a grammaticly perfect appeal letter that ends up denied.

Again, no wonder you are so negative. English and logic are not necessary to apply law to fact.  I'll keep that in mind if I decide I want to fail at law school.

MeganEW

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2010, 10:43:28 PM »

omg, like, you mean law school isn't totally like Legally Blonde?  :o

I'd assume you struck out at OCI (despite your sterling personality  ;)), but you're clearly a troll.  The practice of law requires proficiency in the written word.  How do I know this?  I'm the daughter of an attorney who also spent 3 years working at a BigLaw firm.  A seemingly simple word change can have a profound impact on a transaction. 

Also, http://www.apostropheabuse.com/.
Acceptances: UIUC, IUB, Fordham, W&L, OSU
WL: Notre Dame
Rejections: NYU, Northwestern

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2010, 12:30:39 AM »
Did someone here actually say "but my daddy...." Holy F'n hell. Look littlegirl stop watching daddy and ask him not what he did today but what he did in (real hard here) LAWSCHOOL! Then come back and post what his outdated opinions on it were.

You fetus's remind me of all the idiot civilians when I got back to the states, "you couldnt of been in the service, my grandad was in the service and he told me people had to show respect and your a male private part....." Welcome back to reality people. Just because a bunch of undergrads tell eachother that day is night (and say "but my daddy") dosn't make it so. 

"but my daddy......." :'(

Free123

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2010, 12:51:36 AM »

omg, like, you mean law school isn't totally like Legally Blonde?  :o

I'd assume you struck out at OCI (despite your sterling personality  ;)), but you're clearly a troll.  The practice of law requires proficiency in the written word.  How do I know this?  I'm the daughter of an attorney who also spent 3 years working at a BigLaw firm.  A seemingly simple word change can have a profound impact on a transaction. 

Also, http://www.apostropheabuse.com/.

LOL @ the reference to the "apostropheabuse" website.

Good luck, mandamus. It would appear that you are the minority on this thread in terms of grammar usage and overall intelligence level.

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2010, 01:28:37 AM »
Wow, me the guy who actually went to lawschool without flunking out? Gotta tell you, A-ok with being in that minority group there princess. ::)

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2010, 08:18:54 AM »
For the record, proper grammar and spelling actually do matter.  If your writing is sloppy, people who are evaluating what you've written will assume, fairly or not, that your research and reasoning are sloppy as well.
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2010, 09:22:30 AM »
You give all men and women in the service a bad name.  There are quite a few members on here who have served, some for most of their lives, who are better people that you could ever hope to be.   The fact you have little intellect, less charachter, and no class says mounds about your future in any endeavor you so choose to follow.

Did someone here actually say "but my daddy...." Holy F'n hell. Look littlegirl stop watching daddy and ask him not what he did today but what he did in (real hard here) LAWSCHOOL! Then come back and post what his outdated opinions on it were.

You fetus's remind me of all the idiot civilians when I got back to the states, "you couldnt of been in the service, my grandad was in the service and he told me people had to show respect and your a male private part....." Welcome back to reality people. Just because a bunch of undergrads tell eachother that day is night (and say "but my daddy") dosn't make it so. 

MeganEW

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2010, 09:40:36 AM »

You misunderstood.  To be fair, I did write  a grammatically confusing sentence.  (See how much grammar matters?)

My father is an attorney.  This means I grew up constantly discussing the law.  I also read the [state] Code when I was curious about what the law actually was.  It's not about "what my daddy told me" but rather the environment in which I was raised.

After college, I worked in BigLaw for 3 years.  I have been mentored by top attorneys and have assisted on major transactions.  I've drafted correspondence to top executives at Fortune 500 companies.  Maybe I don't know as much about law school as you do, but I think I know a little bit about the actual practice of law.

Apologies, marcus, for derailing your helpful and interesting blog-like application thread.
Acceptances: UIUC, IUB, Fordham, W&L, OSU
WL: Notre Dame
Rejections: NYU, Northwestern

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2010, 10:43:04 AM »
If you worked as a paralegal, then I take it back. That being said most people here keep being confused about the practice of law and the study of law. When someone points it out, they AGAIN go back to trying to explain the PRACTICE, thats like me saying dude there are no sharks in the pool, and someone AGAIN trying to prove that sharks lives in the ocean. There is an insane difference.

As for serving for the OP, STFU, if I want to here a civie cry I'll poke one with a fork. Once again, someone who only THINKS they know on a subject making a post, not in lawschool, never killed a man, but you watch a lot of tv and know people who did, awsome, just plain awsome.

(read below to see the copy&paste cookiecutter kneejerk responce of a neverdid)