Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2.67 GPA/165 LSAT  (Read 2338 times)

pinkberry7

• View Profile
2.67 GPA/165 LSAT
« on: September 07, 2010, 02:45:14 AM »
Hi,
i just recentley graduated from tier 1 school (number 23) and i am trying to go to a good law school.
My gpa is my main concern. My first language is spanish, and i moved to the US when i was 18 yrs old. I have been working for the law school as an assistant to the adjunct professor office, and now i am working for a law firm.
I want to know what school i have a chance of getting in.
I really want to stay in california.any ideas? im re-taking the lsat to see if i can improve.
advice will be extremeley helpful im getting a little nervous about the application process, and if it is better to apply earlier than later because my gpa is low.
thanks!

smartandunique

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2.67 GPA/165 LSAT
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 08:08:27 PM »
Hi-if you can afford it, apply to all of them. You have work exp and diversity. Also u can go to google and type gpa/lsat calculator to help u determine what schools u have a good chance of getting into.
Good Luck

louiebstef

• Sr. Citizen
  • 45 y/o Non-Trad-2012 cycle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 12:29:49 PM »
I am a newbie at this and FAR from an expert.  That said, I would think you would stand a strong chance at all Tier 4 schools, most Tier 3 schools, and a handful of Tier 2.

Just being a classical "splitter" (meaning typically low GPA, high LSAT), along with your diversity status and work experience should be strong factors in your favor.

Your personal statements and recommendations will be very important in your case.

Good luck.  Stick around here on the various boards.  You'll learn quite a bit, as I have.

Cheers!
"Why be a lawyer? I'm already an ass.  Might as well go professional!"

louiebstef

• Sr. Citizen
  • 45 y/o Non-Trad-2012 cycle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 12:33:03 PM »
An aside,

Check out Florida International University (FIU) in Miami, FL.  It is a very inexpensive school that has a strong Hispanic and International contingent.  It is a tier 4 school, but a pretty good value.

I personally think you should aim higher.  You may be pleasantly surprised at the feedback you get.
"Why be a lawyer? I'm already an ass.  Might as well go professional!"