Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: RUSS FEINGOLD'S day are numbered.RON JOHNSON wins..barbara boxer power lost.  (Read 2253 times)

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Punches, loving.  What's the same.  Either way you are left bloody and screwed

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
you doing at least one of these wrong way.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
This was a classic example of California's debates this year.  http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/154582/debate-2004  That is literally what it has become on both sides. It is amazing how no politican can present even a semblance of a rational idea, but just mention how bad the other side sucks. Both sides do love to say we should create jobs, more education, and cut wasteful spending. They present absolutely no ideas on how to actually do any of those things, but insist the other side is going to kill jobs, make education worse, and waste money. It is so incredibly bad on both sides it defies logic.

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
For an assignment in Debate class, we were required to analyze a unit of argument.  I looked at several debates.  I found most to have little substance, little evidence, or any view as it pertained to the question asked. 

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I do not doubt it.  It is no joke like the southpark debate I posted all they do is talk about how bad the other person is and that things to need improve, but present absolutely no solution. I don't know if you are from California, but you should have seen the commercials and I even went to both Jerry Brown & Meg Whitman's website to see if anybody literally had any ideas. There were none on their own websites I was blown away. The only thing either of them gave any facts or analysis for was what the other one did in 1982 etc. Both of them were going to create more jobs, improve education, and cut wasteful spending. The other was not going to though. The other candidate was out to kill jobs, make education worse, and just blow as much money as possible. However, I think it is obvious that any rational person wants to increase jobs, improve education, and cut wasteful spending.  However, the hard part is figuring out how to do that, but nobody came up with any solutions on how to accomplish that.  So I was left to choose between a feminine hygiene product & a turd sandwich and I guess the turd sandwich won and nothing will get any better.

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'm 3000 miles away on the east coast so did not see the debate.  But I'm assuming that it is like most debates.  They state a claim.  Instead on backing up their claim with facts, they explain why doing X is a good thing.  So that is why they will do X.  No substance

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I don't even think they made a claim about anything. Jerry said Meg is awful and Meg said Jerry is awful it was riveting   ::) . I saw Anderson Cooper randomly on Monday and some newly elected person was talking about needing to cut programs and save money.

Anderson responded with a reasonable question of what 3 programs should be cut?

Response well you know we need to cut spending and spending is getting high.

Anderson: Yes, but what 3 programs should be cut?

Response: You know spending is really getting out of hand.

Anderson: Can you just tell me just 3 programs that should be cut?

Response: I am thinking about the question Anderson, but spending is high.

Anderson: Well we are out of time.

I would think a politician who is so adamant about cutting spending would have known maybe 3 things they might think about cutting before going on National T.V. to talk about spending cuts, but that is to much to ask. It is so embarrassingly bad on both sides it is getting hard to care about it.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
...regardless...we are stuck with boxer...happily we bid good riddance to dem-libs like russ feingold...(a real step in the right direction)   A more conservative moderate congress is in order...investigations into fanny may and freddy mac will shed some light on the lax regulations which the dems tabled back when it might have help stave off the major loss of jobs in the housing industry...barnie frank better have some good answers... fiscal conservatism will struggle with the tax and spend libs and green conservatism is a rising force which will replace many so called "conservation" democrats with market-oriented, incentive-led ideas and science and technology based solutions...it is already happening...

the liberal dems are dwindling away...hurray!

conservative ideas which were pushed aside this year like tort reform and portable insurance will make a comeback...but the next two years will push a florida conservative a connecticut conservative and a new jersey conservative into the limelight....

new rising stars...

while obama has done well with maintaining our conservative national security interests...he expanded the government...he over-reached...he over spent...

sorry dems...better luck in 2012...and no sarah palin will not be running. ;)

ps.o.rsta.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I just watched Obama on 60 minutes and liked a lot of what he had to say. I was not a huge fan of him, but no that there is some balance it is probably the best time to have some reasonable discussions and reform. It is not good when Republicans or Democrats have control of all 3 houses as we saw with Bush and now with Obama. Both parties are incapable of reason when they are in power so the balance this election brought was probably the healthiest thing that could have happened. For anything to get done they will need to be reasonable and listen to both sides.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
you dipshits sure get worked up when look like might actually win one here and there.

oh? you mean the conservatives didn't take back the house?  they just switched brand names..conservative donkeys are now conservative pubs...

so mr. suchdicher  "here and there" ???????????

um..well...ah...NOT REALLY!!!
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare