Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: RUSS FEINGOLD'S day are numbered.RON JOHNSON wins..barbara boxer power lost.  (Read 2221 times)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
super ad libs russ feingold and barbara boxer are heading for a beating...and one or both could be on the unemployment line...

Democrats, Republicans gather to watch Senate candidates Boxer and Fiorina debate
By Tony Castro, Staff Writer

Boxer, Fiorina tussle over economy in first debate.
Fitting for an election year of multimillion-dollar TV ad campaigns, both Republican and Democratic faithful in the San Fernando Valley were glued to large TV screens watching the debate between U.S. Senate candidates Wednesday night.

"It is ironic that politics in California can't get away from television - the candidates pour large amounts of money into it to get known, and we have television viewing parties when they debate," said Democratic activist Marilyn Grunwald, who attended a gathering at her party's Valley headquarters in Van Nuys.

The first debate between incumbent Democrat Sen. Barbara Boxer and her Republican challenger, former Hewlett-Packard boss Carly Fiorina, was telecast live from St.Mary's College in the Bay Area.

The hour-long forum focused primarily on who is best suited to help the economy out of the recession, but other topics included abortion, immigration and gay marriage.

Seeking her fourth term, Boxer holds a substantial fundraising advantage over her challenger, but is still seen as facing a tough battle because the economy has left voters in an anti-incumbent mood.

The crowd at the Valley Democratic viewing party was obviously partisan, but its numbers - perhaps three dozen when the debate began - paled in comparison to the 200 or so who gathered at the local Republican bash held at Galpin Ford in North Hills.

"It's Carly hands down," Republican Kurt Schroeder declared halfway through

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
watching the debate amid a packed second-floor conference room at the car dealership.
"The question for Mrs. Boxer - pardon me, Senator Boxer - is where are the jobs? And that's what Carly has hammered her on. We have 13 percent unemployment in California. It's probably 20 percent here in Southern California. People are hurting, and it's time for a change in Washington.

"And Carly's shown it should be her and not Barbara Boxer."

Each crowd cheered loudly for points made in the debate by their respective candidate, with the expected guffawing of the opponents.

At the Democratic party, held at a now-defunct Hollywood Video store, Rep. Brad Sherman, D-Sherman Oaks, possibly underscored the challenge facing Boxer in what polls suggest to be a close race.

"Barbara Boxer will not win without a big turnout of the voters in the San Fernando Valley," he told viewers.

Those at the Galpin Ford party got a special treat after the debate when Fiorina addressed her followers on a special Internet connection.

For Nancy Spero of Tarzana, Fiorina's candidacy, along with that of GOP gubernatorial nominee Meg Whitman, has given her hope for strong Republican women emerging to lead the state. "It's a very exciting campaign, and I'm looking forward to the next two months of it," said Spero, the state executive vice president of the California Republican League, the moderate arm of the GOP.

Among Democrats there was clear concern at the amount of money the wealthy Fiorina was pouring into her own campaign.

"The money has no doubt leveled the playing field," said Grunwald. "We'll just have to have more volunteers than they have dollars."

If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
much as you could take her panties.

SemiMBA

• View Profile
    • Email
I like Meg.  I like her because she actually took a company and made it profitable and created real jobs  -- (not the Wal-Mart kind).  I don't think she will win against Moonbeam Jerry because no one has been able to buy an election for Govenor in California (I am referring paying for your own campaign).  It has been tried numerous times.  (Arnold "donated" a large sum to his campaign, but most contributions came from others). 

Fiornia?  As I have told all of my friends (and a lunch is riding on it) - the only thing the Republican's had to do to lose an election against Boxer was to put her against ole Carlton.  Alas - see?  I predict a double digit loss.   ;D

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
we shall see ;)...and nothing to say about good ole boy russ feingold?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
you dipshits sure get worked up when look like might actually win one here and there.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
oh? really? now you intrest? with actual something write?

go fuch yourself...feingold is out...been dying to rub that one in your shiteddipped face...you blowhard.

boxer only matter time... perhaps month. ;)

one thing sure...u love take bait...u love eat crow...kawwww kawww!  8)

sad to see the many dems go who created the environment where unemployment has risen...why dems support and push freddy mac and fannie mae to give people sub prime mortgages if they have no way to pay back?..now incumbant dems will pay...why dems kill bill to keep irresponsible lending by fm and fm under leash? now dem incumbants gonna pay...bye bye......people know they caused this mess...incumbant no reup season is in and now house may be lost...too bad...they get what they deserve...u understand? right julie fern?

muhuhahahahahah.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
do people at your idiot home know you on computer?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
...no point to make u have i see... 8)

how is barabarabara boxfern doing today?    ;)

how is your buddy russ feingold doing today?

aye love rubbing it in your face...sorry if that seems unfair...but you deserve it, my man.

aye told you a long long time ago..."republican lite" aka democrats or blue dogs in 2006 were the beginning of a change back to "conservative responsiblility"...green conservatives for an example are reflecting this right leaning country...

so lean on that poll...the three term liberal dems who got us in this mess with their liberal approach to fanny mae and freddy mac caused this problem...they should have reformed loan lending and tabled it instead...they pushed big government mae and mac to give loans to anyone and everyone...now

lost jobs in florida...pa...and california...

now it will be bye bye to you and your liberal ilk...

lets talk after nov elections...

okay pooky? 8)

can you imagine president christy? mitt romney??  or scott brown???

obama is maintaining bush national security policies and that is wonderful but he will be remembered as jimmy carter with a strong cult of personality thrown in...

if the far left hadn't gone after the enigmatic w so hard...criticism of obama may not have had so much sound and fury...got to think ahead.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
how your goat-f-ing convention?