Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: First Week of Law School  (Read 4540 times)

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: First Week of Law School
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 12:24:09 PM »
Suprise junior, no one cares enough to prove it to you. It just happens. Like gravity.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: First Week of Law School
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 03:21:27 PM »
That is not really true. There are people that get frustrated about their grades though. Most students are convinced they will be in the top 10 percent, but 90 percent will not be. Believe it or not 50 percent finish in the bottom 50 percent.

There are some bs things about exams and one is that typing speed can improve your grade tremendously. I type 130 wpm and ended up with straight a's this semester. I do not know if I knew the law any better than anyone else, I just never run out of time. Well my typing speed make me a better lawyer? I find it unlikely, but people interview you based on a 3 hour exam. I do not think the system is very accurate because a 3 hour exam where grammar etc is irrelevant and typing speed and mc questions determine your employment prospects makes little sense. I think they need to make legal education more practical and base your rank on your ability to handle real life situations, but what do I know.