Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June 2004 LSAT LR (added the question stem)  (Read 346 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
June 2004 LSAT LR (added the question stem)
« on: August 18, 2005, 08:39:42 PM »
Sydonie: parents differ in their beliefs about the rules to which their children should be subject.  so any disciplinary structure in schools is bound to create resentment because it will contradict some parental appraoches to raising children.

Stephanie: Your conclusion is incorrect; educational research shows that when parents list the things that they most want their children's shcools to provide, good discipline is always high on the list.

Stephanie's argument is most vulnerable to criticism on the grounds that

A.)It addresses a more general issue than that addressed in syndonie's argument.
B.) It does not counter syndonie's suggestion that parents have diverse ideas of what constitutes good discipline.

B was the right answer and that's what i picked.  However, I hesitated on A and I'm still not sure why A is wrong either.  Can someone help?
Thanks in advance.

River

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: June 2004 LSAT LR (added the question stem)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 10:12:47 PM »
Sydonie: parents differ in their beliefs about the rules to which their children should be subject.  so any disciplinary structure in schools is bound to create resentment because it will contradict some parental appraoches to raising children.

Stephanie: Your conclusion is incorrect; educational research shows that when parents list the things that they most want their children's shcools to provide, good discipline is always high on the list.

Stephanie's argument is most vulnerable to criticism on the grounds that

A.)It addresses a more general issue than that addressed in syndonie's argument.
B.) It does not counter syndonie's suggestion that parents have diverse ideas of what constitutes good discipline.

B was the right answer and that's what i picked.  However, I hesitated on A and I'm still not sure why A is wrong either.  Can someone help?
Thanks in advance.
Stephanine addresses a more specific data than that of Syn because of research data; but irrelavant.  Thus, A) is a wrong put.