Law School Discussion

Poll

Which?

St. Thomas
0 (0%)
Minnesota
7 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 7

*DEADLINE SOON* St. Thomas or Univ. of Minnesota?

*DEADLINE SOON* St. Thomas or Univ. of Minnesota?
« on: August 18, 2010, 04:26:29 PM »
I moved to Minneapolis for UST, but I was offered a spot at UofM, and its a tempting offer.  I don't like being treating like a 3rd string student, UofM gave me a whopping 3 days to make this decision, and its obvious they are just scrambling to fill seats.   That said, their stats are better in general.   I've allready paid a seat deposit at St. Thomas, but that isn't a big deal considering that UofM is cheaper.   Should I reward the school that has been nothing but upfront with me?  Or go to the school has treated me like a replacement?   Note that I'm not particularly interested in "faith life".

Thanks for any input!

Re: *DEADLINE SOON* St. Thomas or Univ. of Minnesota?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 04:44:03 PM »
University of Minnesota is a top 40 school.  UST is a tier three.  I would definitely put your ego aside for the moment, and head to Minnesote.  Once you are i, inflate your ego and show them why they made a mistake in not allowing you in originally.  Revenge is sweet and a great motivator

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 04:25:05 AM »
Is this thread a joke?

In this economy, you go to the highest-ranked school you can possibly attend.  Rank correlates strongly with post-graduation placement.  You will have a network of alums to call on if you go to U Minn.

If you go to St. Thomas, you can call on my waste-of-space sister-in-law, who managed to stay employed for a whole six months as an attorney before she got fired for incompetence.  Maybe you can wait tables together.

'blueskies

• your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 09:12:39 AM »
Minnesota

/thread