Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Quick question.  (Read 875 times)

2013JD

Re: Quick question.
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 12:09:03 PM »
Says the guy who attends Cooley, the magical school of wizards and clowns.

Another nobody putting down Cooley.
Pickle, you have no idea how hard you have to work at Cooley and I have no agenda but to help the poster.

My tutor Bill told me about people like you when we started working together.
People who put Cooley down and have no clue what it's really about and instead read something in a blog somewhere.
You need a life.

As for the original poster, any school looks at the LSAT in much greater detail than your GPA.
Have a backup plan and create options for yourself.

Great advice reality, let's hope our friend never finds himself in a pickle.

Morten Lund

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Quick question.
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 05:11:32 PM »
The two biggest items in admissions is GPA and LSAT score.  I would try to focus on maintaing a 4.0 GPA, or as close to it for your first two years.  SOmetime during your third year, I would drop from 15 credits down to 12 for a semester, lower the amount of hours you work/intern if possible, and focus for 4-6 months on school and prep work.

I'm with Marcus.  Take the LSAT very, very seriously, but not at the expense of your GPA.  College is difficult enough all by itself the first year.  I would focus on your grades until you get the hang of college.

... but then I would suggest you start studying shortly thereafter.  Not necessarily hardcore, but as someone else suggested, just get yourself familiar.  The LSAT repeats concepts and questions, and if you have familiarized yourself with the basic question structures when it is time for full-time studying, then you will be ahead of the curve.

... but but don't study too much too early - simply because you don't want to waste your time if you discover that you don't want to go to law school after all.  For that same reason, I also encourage everybody to study something useful in college.  Philosophy, while not bad preparation for law school or law practice, is not going to help you get a job when you decide not to go to law school.  Don't put all your eggs in the law school basket - lots of things could change between now and then.