Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class Statistics?  (Read 6266 times)

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Class Statistics?
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2010, 12:24:01 PM »
I'd rather teach Numitor about the law than argue with you, Denny, about my own life. I am currently offering free lessons to law school students who want to go more in depth in the legal analysis of the law. I will teach people what I know on my spare time. I start my last semester in two weeks and the class line-up is easy and small so I have virtually nothing to do except wait to take the LSAT... I won't be going to Harvard until next fall so I will be bored throughout this year and the first half of the next since I decided not to work until I get a better pay grade, benefits, and office.

As for class statistics, the topic, before it was derailed by a bunch of ruffians... You should not worry about the stats as they aren't tantamount to anything unless you're in the top percentile (especially on dumb curves). Be happy that you aren't getting kicked out and worry more about your understanding of the topic because the bar will weigh more than some class stats.

This is easily an ethical violation. You have no in depth legal analysis to offer.
Furthermore, you haven't taken the LSAT yet, so you aren't going to Harvard.  Period.  Until you take the test and apply, you are in no position to teach anyone.
Be warned, law schools do not like the idea of untrained people teaching law students about the law.  On second thought, put that in your admissions essay.  I'm sure HLS will be happy to admit someone to law school who has been teaching law students about the law prior to taking the LSAT and well before they engaged in the study of law.
Like I said - your problem is that you think you are qualified to discuss the law even though an intelligent person would understand that, having not attended even a single law school course, anything you 'teach' will be misleading and incorrect.
I believe it was Socrates who said "all I know is that I know nothing".  All you know is that you know everything, which will inevitably be your downfall.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2010, 12:53:05 PM »
This is easily an ethical violation.

Not necessarily being that I am not in law school right now. Those who are in law school must abide by the tenets of that prescribed school's code of ethics. I am not in law school, therefore I do not have to abide by the same code of ethics you willingly give yourself to. Besides, I don't believe another human has the moral high-ground to tell me what I am doing is "wrong" as wrong is just the perception of that one person and is not globally accepted but by those who, again, willingly give themselves over to it. Don't play that card with me though.

untrained people teaching law students about the law.

Untrained in the sense of not being trained by a conglomerate of their own prescription on what is analysis. That defeats the purpose, they tell you how to think rather than you thinking for yourself. Yes, I am untrained in that I have a mind of my own and am not a catalyst for some old man to place his ideals into to go out into the world and preach the same ideals. I will think for myself.

As for Harvard, I will get in, so I have no problem saying I will be attending that school. I have everything I need to get into except for the LSAT which will be taken in the fall. Even then, the score will be great. I have been scoring 180's consecutively for 2 months and most of the questions seem like child's play if you ask me. So, I took some of the older tests which seem a bit tougher than the newer ones and I still scored perfectly. The LSAT will be a breeze and I will get a 180 more than likely.

As for Socrates, I don't follow his philosophy. The point of being your own man is to follow your own ideology and only consider other philosophy. I feel sorry that you have become another meme out to mimic the greats.

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2010, 01:42:49 PM »
Good luck with your ethics argument.  The law school will hold you accountable to their standards, not the ones you invent while trying to be your own man.
There are no guarantees in life, and it is not certain that you will be accepted to HLS.  While scoring consistent 180's on LSAT practice tests is impressive (sounding), the practice tests are not determinative of your actual score.  They never are.  Many students who scored consistently high were discouraged to learn that their actual score was lower.  Then again, if you were a reasonable person, you might have already discovered that.
And I mean "Untrained" as in "untrained in the field of law".  As in "you don't know anything, yet wish to pretend that you are an expert in everything."
I wish you terrible luck.  Mostly because you are an arrogant prick.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2010, 11:38:51 PM »
 Besides, I don't believe another human has the moral high-ground to tell me what I am doing is "wrong."

No human being can tell sonofapickle he is wrong. If sonofapickle wants to go out and murder people who is the law to say what he is doing is wrong. If the bar association is displeased with his teaching of the law to non-law students again, what does the bar know. Sonofapickle trumps time & space and anything else that may possibly stand in the way. How dare you belittle sonofapickle with "Human" laws and morals. PREPOSTEROUS!!!!!

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »
bigs-
you are hilarious!
good stuff.
pickle is only held to alien ethical standards, and as such, is not bound by the laws of humans.  Therefore, he is free to @#!* up his future by 'teaching' law to others despite the fact that he has absolutely no legal background or education (or qualifications).  God help anyone who accepts such an education as they are sure to find out that most (if not all) of what they have been taught is inaccurate, incorrect, or missing huge chunks of information.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
Many students who scored consistently high were discouraged to learn that their actual score was lower.

Then there are students who scored exactly the same on the LSAT as on their practice tests.

Therefore, he is free to @#!* up his future

I have many options to go towards other than becoming a lawyer which, by the way, I might not become one. I just want a J.D. in case I change my mind and decide to become a lawyer one day. Other than that, I could just about do anything I want. Unlike you, striving to become something and live a moderate life, I have other lucrative options. So what I teach law while not being in law school, what can they do to me? Nothing, that is what. I have many other options, parents that will take care of me when I need them to, and money to spend at my leisure. As far as some committee having control over my life goes, well... they don't and they can shove it. I could do more things other than law and still live better than a lawyer like I have been all of my life.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2010, 12:22:36 PM »
Well hopefully your parent's die simultaneously so a goldigger doesn't come along and cut you out of the will (I hope that does not happen to you in all honesty, but I have seen that happen to a number of cocky rich kids and with 0 work experience and no parent's to back you up, you may have to get a menial job. Probably won't happen and you will be the greatest human being on earth and the bar won't care that you are violating ethics, you are sonofapickle. If you go into the stock market and do insider trading what does the SEC know?  Nothing you are sonofapickle the GREATEST!

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2010, 12:26:35 PM »
You realize he is a 100% fake personna just sporting on these boards right?

Well hopefully your parent's die simultaneously so a goldigger doesn't come along and cut you out of the will (I hope that does not happen to you in all honesty, but I have seen that happen to a number of cocky rich kids and with 0 work experience and no parent's to back you up, you may have to get a menial job. Probably won't happen and you will be the greatest human being on earth and the bar won't care that you are violating ethics, you are sonofapickle. If you go into the stock market and do insider trading what does the SEC know?  Nothing you are sonofapickle the GREATEST!

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2010, 12:33:56 PM »
Either way, they have been getting trolled since I joined this site. This board is pretty dead though but at least it gets active once in a while. I found it funny that Denny actually mentioned the tollness yet went on to write an essay on the ramifications of being an arrogant prick would bring me. I have to admit though, most of what I was posting was complete bull yet people still got all fumed up and were going apeshit. Lol, pickle strikes again successively!

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2010, 04:17:43 PM »
You realize he is a 100% fake personna just sporting on these boards right?

I figured as much, but to hear the ridiclous responses are entertaining.