Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class Statistics?  (Read 6448 times)

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Class Statistics?
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2010, 11:32:43 AM »
I already had a few professors in my sophomore year trying to make me look like an idiot in front of the class, you know what, it didn't work. Of course, I didn't know the answer, but I told him, "that is why I am taking this class, to learn, you're the professor, so you tell me what it is you view as a credible or sufficient answer to your own problem." Doesn't matter as any professor trying to show me up in class will have his words, logic, and order of thought, turned back on him/her. The professor that try to make me look like an idiot, looked like the idiot in the end. As for giving me hell, good luck with that, because as much "hell" they are trying to give me, is as much hell they will have to give the rest of the class. Also, that same "hell" helps me improve on my own abilities. It is a win/win for me in the end.

I don't argue with morons, especially when morons use ad hominem to reply to what was an attempt at giving an opinion and observations

Yet you go on tirelessly to assert one, redundant point that is contradictory to your own post? You just proved to me your own idiocy. Better luck next time.
Undergrad is a joke.  Any doofus who applies himself can do well.

That same logic applies to life. Yet again, you shot yourself in the foot.

If you were smarter you'd fix your post up a bit.

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 11:51:16 AM »
I already had a few professors in my sophomore year trying to make me look like an idiot in front of the class, you know what, it didn't work. Of course, I didn't know the answer, but I told him, "that is why I am taking this class, to learn, you're the professor, so you tell me what it is you view as a credible or sufficient answer to your own problem." Doesn't matter as any professor trying to show me up in class will have his words, logic, and order of thought, turned back on him/her.

Oh please please please please please do that in law school.  PLEASE.
One student tried to pull that crap in Contracts I.  She was thrown out of the class on the spot.  The student went to the dean who told her that she had no recourse.  So the student decided to prove to the prof that what he did was disrespectful and was called on every single class.  She was thrown out of class again the next week.  She failed the course, not because she was stupid, but because the prof had her pegged as an arrogant moron who thought she was smarter than he was.  She is no longer at school, having been academically dismissed.  She graduated from her undergrad with a high GPA and a sense of her own genius as well.
I've got news for you pickle, law school is the big leagues and if you call out your profs, you get burned.  This isn't undergrad anymore.  When a prof asks you a question, you'd better have an answer (and it better be reasonably well constructed).  In undergrad, you could easily say "I don't know".  In law school, that answer is completely unacceptable.  I was talking to a fellow 2L yesterday.  Three students were thrown out of Civ Pro II because they couldn't answer a question.  Yet again, you prove that you know nothing and have absolutely no basis for commenting about law school.  Students in law school represent the smartest 5% of students in the country.  You may think you are a big fish, but trust me when I tell you, you aren't once you start at law school.  You will discover that you are merely average - par for the course.  That's been my point all along (besides that you are a dope for trying to tell people how easy law school is without having spent a single moment attending law school).
I'm STILL chuckling that you think what you did made the professor look stupid and I'm having a hard time not shooting my coffee out of my nose when thinking about you pulling that amateur crap in an actual law school.  I hope your school video tapes your class that day and someone posts it on youtube.  That would be epic.
Yet again, you prove your immaturity, lack of experience, and general ignorance towards how things work in the real world.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2010, 12:21:50 PM »
What school do you go to that throws people out of class? That would be nuts, but it sounds like the one girl deserved it. Sonofapickle will end up being the guy in class that tries to tell you about their experiences every chance they get even if they are completely unrelated.  Every law student loves to listen to those people explain how special they are and take away class time from qualified people to listen to some slapd**k's personal experience as an intern or something.  If Sonofapickle is actually real, which I have a hard time believing I think a reality show about him in class would be awesome.

pacelaw2013

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2010, 12:22:59 PM »
Students in law school represent the smartest 5% of students in the country.

I don't agree with that at all. What about Med School, Masters Programs, PhD programs, or the very smart people who just decide to go off to work. While it takes effort to go to law school, and some degree of intelligence, I don't agree that I am smarter than 95% of the population (I'll even say that im the dumbest law student, because who knows, I could be?). I think that is kind of an elitest view, and not only is it completely unprovable, its just a silly way to look at it.

Otherwise, your right, I would love to see pickle try that. Really, that doesn't work past high school. It is immature and not really that embarassing to the teacher, it is more an embarassment to the student to say that.
Independence forever.

John Adams' last public words

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2010, 10:09:43 PM »
I am in the top 5% of smartest people in the World in my age group, so... That is with an actual test proctored by a professor and I have the papers to prove it. You going to Law School does not mean you are smart, just had enough to get into a school that may as well be so-so or average for law school students. If you ever got into Harvard or any of the top 3, then and only then, could you assert that you are smart but nowhere near the top 5%, other than that shut up. I bet you don't even understand the principles of nuclear fusion, infinity (able to grasp it conceptually), particle physics, grasping the concepts or core of quantum mechanics, or understanding that the gravity you believe exists does not exist in the way you have come to understand it. Yet, you undeniably assert you're smarter than me? I find that laughable. Only a few people are smarter than me and none of them are you.

I could read all there is about law and grasp the concepts and interpret them, you want to know why? I read much harder stuff that normal, everyday people couldn't grasp in a year full of study on that same concept. That is why law school will be a breeze for me. I am not a scientist though and I undertake it more as a hobby than a career profession. I don't feel like working as hard as it took me to fully grasp a concept that I still have a bit of trouble trying to understand thoroughly. I will, possibly, never understand general relativity in my life time, but I doubt you or anyone else on this board could understand even the most minor principles.

For further reading try answering a simple question on  particles being naturally smaller thus follow some sort of time dilation like the time dilation experiment that showed us that those who were traveling in a plane were actually moving a couple of seconds faster than those on Earth... So, in effect and due to the aforementioned question, how does space differ from time on Earth exactly?

Asserting you are smarter than me just by you being in law school and reading a few human made books on human made concepts and interpreting those concepts based on previous ideals set by your forefather is really more of an insult to me and my intelligence. In the field of life, knowledge of life and space, I surely outrank you. I may be an undergrad but then again I am only 20 and about to graduate in the winter with a 4.0 in three disciplines that are unrelated to science. I didn't find school exactly hard as I could learn more outside of school than in an institutionalized educational system that merely acts as an ego booster to the lesser, underdeveloped breed of humans. I have to go to school to get a degree, but on my spare time, I study all sorts of science (not pop-science), philosophy, and I am currently working on developing my own theory towards the conceptualization of a God vs. the concept of humanity. A little rough title but once I finish the theory, I will create a new title.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2010, 10:22:00 PM »
Yea Denny how could you read "Human" made books and think your smart. You need to realize sonofapickle is truly a genius and read every human made book by the time he was 4.

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2010, 12:14:14 AM »
Pickle, sometimes the things you say make me laugh, but other times I am amazed by your hubris. Only smart if you attend one of the top 3 law schools?! Amazing for being 20 and about to graduate? I was also about your age when I graduated with a double major and a minor, and with extra credits beyond what I needed. I know quite a few others who graduated early. One of my former roommates was 19 when he started his computer science master's degree. I guess that must make him smarter than you based on age at graduation determining intelligence. Oh, then there's the genius test you have mentioned. You're not exactly the only one on this forum who has tested at the genius level on the IQ test. For every "awesome" stat you list, there will be others on this site and in law school who are similarly situated or have better credentials (and not just at the top 3 schools). I assume most of your arrogance has to do with your age and lack of real world experience, and I try to think about that when I read your posts. 

You really need to tone it down before you enter into either the job market or law school. Your attitude and need for others to know how "smart" you are will make it hard for you to make social connections in law school, and you will want to make those connections either for recommendations (such as from your professors if you want a judicial clerkship) or as contacts for your job search. You will also want to make them because a lot of these people will be your colleagues, and you will potentially see or hear about each other for many years beyond law school. Finally, law school is hard and stressful, especially the 1st year, and you will want to have friends who can relate to what you're going through.

Morten Lund

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2010, 02:00:37 AM »
Only a few people are smarter than me and none of them are you.

I don't particularly want to get embroiled in this silliness, but I do dislike statistics abuse.  It is fair to say that roughly 335,000,000 people worldwide are in "the top 5% smartest people in the world."  Chances are pretty good that some of them are posting on this board.

"Top 5%" is only 1 out of 20, after all.

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2010, 09:36:48 AM »
"top 5% in my age group"
Lol.
Wow!  With tests from a college prof and all to prove it!  That and fifty cents buys you a newspaper.
And for clarification, my 5% number relates to all professional degrees (MD, JD, MBA, etc).  Being an undergrad means you are roughly top 50%.  Graduating early?  Whoopdedoo!  What an amazing accomplishment to graduate before your 21st birthday!  AMAZING!
Of course, my dad was a practicing attorney by the time his 21st birthday rolled around, but he is in no way smarter than pickle.  It's just impossible.  Pickle is the smartest human being ever to be born.  Even smarter than that 12 year old attending law school.  Smarter than Einstein even!  He knows all about infinity (conceptually speaking).  He learns more outside of the educational institution and has authored several volumes in which he attempts to account for all of human knowledge.
I'm just a dummy who reads simple "human" authored books.  He is currently working on finishing a book written by an individual from the Alpha Centauri system.  Pickle just worked out a book deal with the Universes largest publisher to co-author a text on particle gravity and space time with Glaxnar, the professor of space-time from the University of Bleexproblangs.
I welcome our alien overlord Pickle and hope to one day excel to his level.  Oh, wait.  I already received my undergraduate degree.  Years ago.  And had a professional career that spanned over a decade prior to deciding I was bored and attending law school.  I keep forgetting how dumb and inexperienced I am.
Thanks, Pickle, for reminding me that life experience, a bachelors degree, and a year of law school under my belt somehow makes me less intelligent than an arrogant undergrad who hasn't done anything with his life besides sponge off of his parents and act as if he is superior to everyone else.
I have met and worked with some extremely intelligent and sharp individuals in my lifetime.  None have displayed the sense of entitlement and arrogance that you have.  Probably because they learned humility and respect for others along the way.  My ex-girlfriend attended the University of Chicago and graduated in 3 years.  After working for 5 years, she went back and got her MBA from the University of Chicago.  She displayed none of your arrogance and didn't believe, as you do, that she knew more about everything than everyone else - especially when she hadn't had any experience in the field about which her opinion was formed.
But then again, she was probably dumber than you too pickle.  Everyone is. 
It is still entertaining to me that you have all of these achievements, yet find the time to come to a message board for law students and potential law students and post as if you are an unemployed college dropout without homework who doesn't need to study.  Good job!
Like I said - this thread should serve as a warning for you.  Life is about to punch you in the balls and your world is about to crumble.  You can preemptively change your ways or you can continue to walk around, nuts exposed and unprotected.  I hope for my own sake that you decide to continue to lose yourself to your delusion and it causes you to suffer greatly.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2010, 12:09:45 PM »
I'd rather teach Numitor about the law than argue with you, Denny, about my own life. I am currently offering free lessons to law school students who want to go more in depth in the legal analysis of the law. I will teach people what I know on my spare time. I start my last semester in two weeks and the class line-up is easy and small so I have virtually nothing to do except wait to take the LSAT... I won't be going to Harvard until next fall so I will be bored throughout this year and the first half of the next since I decided not to work until I get a better pay grade, benefits, and office.

As for class statistics, the topic, before it was derailed by a bunch of ruffians... You should not worry about the stats as they aren't tantamount to anything unless you're in the top percentile (especially on dumb curves). Be happy that you aren't getting kicked out and worry more about your understanding of the topic because the bar will weigh more than some class stats.