Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class Statistics?  (Read 6565 times)

Morten Lund

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Class Statistics?
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2010, 04:04:05 PM »
Do you even know what the laws of defemation are retard?

At the risk of getting myself embroiled in a flame war, I cannot help but observe the many layers of irony in this statement.

pacelaw2013

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 07:56:54 AM »
Im sorry for even asking about class statistics...though I coudln't have imagined it would digress into this.... :'(
Independence forever.

John Adams' last public words

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 09:23:13 AM »
I for one, am amused. Great morning

pacelaw2013

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2010, 09:29:28 AM »
Im just not a fan of giving pickle a forum to praise himself haha. Does anyone else have a feeling that sonofapickle is actually Lebron James? I mean, how can anyone else have that big of an ego?
Independence forever.

John Adams' last public words

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 12:06:07 PM »
Do you even know what the laws of defemation are retard?

Except for (1), I called you a homosexual and I did not publicize it in front of everyone. (2) No-one knows who you are and (3), your post could be interpreted as homosexual due to how to was presented. For one, no honest, heterosexual male puts money and, "getting ass," in the same sentence unless they are referring to picking up male prostitutes.

pass junior college

I have never stepped foot inside a junior college. I am almost done with college and I am only 20 about to be 21 next year. Did you graduate high school at 16, were you on the honor roll your whole life, did you graduate college with a 4.0 summa cum laude (I will be graduating 4.0 summa cum laude in the winter), do you have an uncle who works in big law, do you have connections, were you studying more advanced law, science, and math at 10, did you fully understand the concept of infinity at the age of 6, were you able to skip a few grades, were you ever placed in front of a professor to take a standard issued IQ test and test results come back to say, "you're a genius for your age group," were you ever considered for any ONE of those aforementioned listings? If so, please do tell me about it. Otherwise, you should stay in your place. Your logic fails you as well.

We already had an argument similar to your "defamation" argument about me being some "racist." You know how that argument turned out, you were basically schooled.

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 02:14:18 PM »
The irony of a guy who thinks he is smarter than everyone else, better than everyone else, and above law-school, yet hasn't even applied or taken the LSAT is probably the funniest part of this whole thread.
Like I said, good luck to you.  May all of your dreams come true.  I invite you to come back after your 1L to update us on your inevitable great success. 
I stand by my statements.  While I realize that this is a forum, everyone is anonymous, and you have been attacked since your first post, you seem to be unable to recognize your own arrogance.  Not to worry - that will change.  Your posts reek of the typical know-it-all.  By your own admission, you have violated your own standards - specifically only speaking about that which you know.  Since you haven't been accepted to law school, haven't attended a law school course, and haven't taken a law school exam, you DON'T know anything about law school, save for what you've heard.  I'm trying to help you avoid what appears to be an imminent rude awakening.  I can read books quickly too, but that doesn't mean I understand them.  Nor does it mean I have a mastery over the material.
For your own sake, you may wish to tone down the arrogance a bit and try (just try) viewing the world with a little humility.  While I am sure you have every reason to be proud of your accomplishments, it doesn't mean that everything moving forward is going to be easy OR that you have a greater understanding of anything you have yet to experience.
That said, I'm sure you are contemplating a furiously worded response and have decided to ignore all the voices around here who, through various methods, are trying to get you to understand two simple things: 1) your visualization of how difficult law school is going to be for you is inherently flawed, primarily because you haven't had a single day of it (yet) and 2) you exude arrogance, not intelligence, cockiness, not confidence, and elitism, not humility.  Those traits will not serve you well (based on your telling, people like you, which means you either don't act like this in the real world or you hang out with a-holes).
I know plenty of smart lawyers.  None of them have gone so far out of their way to prove they are better, smarter, or more accomplished than others.  You certainly have.  Your credentials are meaningless on this forum because none of what you say is provable.  Lawyers deal in proof and you cannot provide any without exposing too much personal information.  You want us to show you respect, to defer to you, to listen to you yet you have no expertise, no record, and no experience.  You are just another undergrad student who believes, with unusual certainty, that everyone else is a moron but you.
As I said - best of luck.  Please come back and let us all know where you got into school, and then after a year, if you still believe that law school is easy.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 03:04:34 PM »
People aren't trying to show me the "supposed" error of my ways, but rather trying to prove themselves to me. You, with your very post, are trying to prove yourself to me. Instead of actually defending your previous post, which I criticized, you post a new one and try to take some holier than thou attitude with me. You do not show experience, but rather naivety, you do not show intellect, but rather a veneer of intellectualism, you do not show humility, but rather personified falsity. Please tone down your own hypocritical statements into something more tangible and sensible to your previous post.

Your whole post was a cop-out from your previous one, so don't try and pull a fast one on me, Denny. Good try though.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2010, 09:08:13 PM »
Sonofapickle is a genius, but he does need to learn the law regarding defamation a little better.  Maybe he would learn it if he went to law school, but that is just a random idea. Anyways, Sonofapickle you are awesome and entertain me greatly keep posting!

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 03:13:47 PM »
People aren't trying to show me the "supposed" error of my ways, but rather trying to prove themselves to me. You, with your very post, are trying to prove yourself to me. Instead of actually defending your previous post, which I criticized, you post a new one and try to take some holier than thou attitude with me. You do not show experience, but rather naivety, you do not show intellect, but rather a veneer of intellectualism, you do not show humility, but rather personified falsity. Please tone down your own hypocritical statements into something more tangible and sensible to your previous post.

Your whole post was a cop-out from your previous one, so don't try and pull a fast one on me, Denny. Good try though.

I thought you were a real person for a moment there and not some troll tying to whip people up.  I don't have to, nor do I feel compelled to, prove myself to you.  You are not a law student.  You never have been.  You haven't even been accepted to law school yet.  I have.  Which means, regardless of what you think, that on an educational basis, I am superior to you.  I got my undergrad years ago and am in the process of actually obtaining my J.D.  I don't need to prove myself to you.  You need to prove yourself to me.  That's why you hate what I (and others) wrote so much- you are probably used to the morons you hang out with showing you deference because they believe you are smarter and more educated than they are.  You are neither smarter, nor more educated than I am.  Therefore, it is illogical to believe that I owe you anything, should show you respect, or need to prove anything to you.  You aren't a law student, yet you spend an inordinate amount of time on a law school message board pretending you know more than law students.  You don't.  And it is obvious.  To everyone.
I didn't respond to your criticisms of my previous posts for a number of reasons:
1) I don't argue with morons, especially when morons use ad hominem to reply to what was an attempt at giving an opinion and observations
2) I felt that responding to your ridiculous assertions and arguments was a complete waste of time.  You don't listen to learn or understand, you listen to find argument - pointless argument
3) There is no point in trying to explain to a know-it-all that their perceptions of law school are unrealistic, especially when I've been in law school and the know-it-all has no f-ing idea what he is talking about.

If you took my conciliatory tone to be a "cop out" or a "holier-than-thou" attitude, all that does is further illustrate your poor, confrontational, ridiculous attitude.  Too much attitude from a person who hasn't done a thing, hasn't experienced a thing, yet believes themselves to be worldly and better than others.
F you.  I ended each of my previous posts wishing you well.  Now I just hope your attitude comes back to bite you in the ass.  I'm betting it will. I'm hoping it will.  I guarantee you will get a major attitude adjustment.  I tried to be nice, even after you assailed my character, intelligence, and abilities.
Then again, what do I know?  You are about to graduate from undergrad, so clearly you have more insight into law school than a 2L (as well as everyone else here, who HAVE attended law school).  Enjoy memorizing the text and working hard to alienate yourself by projecting your horrible, deplorable superiority complex.  You will surely fail exams because people like you lose sight of synthesizing rules, adopting interpretations to fact patterns, and thinking like a lawyer.  Just ask the guy I argued against last semester in moot court.  He memorized facts, statutes, and supporting cases, then intentionally misinterpreted them, created facts, lied to the court, and lost.  To me.  A mental midget compared to him (in his eyes).
Perhaps the best part of what you will struggle with is that the professors are going to have a TON of fun making your life a living hell.  They always find the a-hole who thinks he is smarter than everyone else and figure out exactly how to make them look like complete idiots in front of the rest of the (very appreciative) class.
I sincerely believe that what you need to correct your insanity is to fail, and I hope you do so gloriously.
Then, you can troll these boards as a guy who couldn't hack it in the legal profession, pretending all along that you know better.
Undergrad losers like you make the rest of us laugh our rear ends off.  You literally know nothing.  Nothing about life, nothing about building relationships, nothing about professionalism, and NOTHING about law school.  Undergrad is a joke.  Any doofus who applies himself can do well. I had a friend who blew off the majority of his classes, crammed before his tests, and still managed to graduate in the top 5% at the U of Illinois.  He works as a carpet cleaner now, primarily because he never learned how to learn, how to treat others, and a variety of the other skills you are supposed to learn in undergrad.  You will fail, and I hope it stings.
Troll.
Fake.
Loser.
Next time, before opening your mouth about something and pretending to be an expert, try actually doing the thing you claim is so easy.  As it stands, you are not a law student, have never attended a law school, have never taken a single law school exam, and have absolutely zero expertise or knowledge of what the study of law requires.
Plus, lawyering is a people business.  It is crystal clear that you lack any semblance of people skills.  If, by some miracle, you end up becoming an attorney and refuse to amend your behavior, you will struggle to find work and, now this is just my personal fantasy, live a lonely existence as yet another self-aggrandizing poor "lawyer" who can't manage to find clients without offering their services at well below market value.
Enjoy the remainder of undergrad.  Life is about to punch you in the balls.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2010, 04:14:45 PM »
Sonofapickle is special! How dare you indicate he couldn't do something well, he can do anything. He just beat Lebron James in a 1 on 1 game, got on a plane cured cancer, then the state bar of California said they would allow him to take the bar on his plane ride to North Korea to resolve any troubles we have. He passed the bar actually got every question right and managed to take a 3 day test in one flight.  He arrived in North Korea and now we are buddies haven't you been watching CNN?  There is simply nothing he cannot do and he takes the time out of his day to write how special he is and we should listen. ALL HAIL SONOFAPICKLE!!!!! My hero!!!!!