Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class Statistics?  (Read 6937 times)

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Class Statistics?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 02:51:34 AM »
@babylawyer: your original...

a very smart person will do worse when the material is easy than when it is hard.  If the material is hard, the very smart person will understand more of it than her average classmates, and so will be at an advantage.

The curve isn't what I am addressing but rather your assessment of a smart individual doing poorly on easier material. I am arguing the logic of your premise which was that sentence. Your curves are to back it up but like I said before, they lack credible sources to make your aforementioned statement (i.e. smart doing poorly on easier material) valid.

Well then you completely missed the point.  I didn't say "a very smart person will do worse when the material is easy than when it is hard"; I said "On a forced curve, a very smart person will do worse when the material is easy than when it is hard."  The curve in combination with the easy material makes law school difficult by introducing a greater element of random chance than there would be if the material were hard or if there were no curve.

Also, that wasn't a premise.  The premises was actually that on an easy test, there is less of an opportunity for a smart person to show her superiority than there is on a hard test.  Do you disagree with that?

For forced curves, I wouldn't know too much about that being I haven't been to law school and my current college primarily grades on no curves. I have never been graded on a curve which is why I find it ridiculous for law schools to grade on a curve. Whether they want everyone to focus on the material or get good grades does not make much sense to me. The highest and lowest will just average out the least of the two making most people look good and the smarter students look average in comparison. It is completely stupid in my opinion. I misconstrued your post though, my bad.

Better to be a "stupid" lawyer than a "smart" Troll living in his dads basement who can't even get in the Marines......oh yeah, I went there.

I could get into the marines if I want to but I decided to not go to the marines now. Maybe after law school. I don't want to make a commitment to the service until I know that is something I really want to do in 3 years after law school. Also, you don't make any sense, you'd rather be a, "dumb lawyer than a smart troll"? Sometimes I believe you are drunk.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 02:54:45 AM »
No worries.  The curve is pretty silly in my opinion as well.
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

REALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 02:56:43 AM »
So after all of your BS about "only posting what I know" you admitt that you had a tangit about something you knew NOTHING about.......it was obvious to all, but good to hear you admitt it........"I wouldn't know I'm not in lawschool"......no duh.

As for being a "dumb lawyer" over whatever you think you are, yeah better to have money and access to ass than to live in daddies basement, make sense now junior?

It's not my fault you can't handle training and school at the same time, your family tried getting you to do it, but you disapointed them AGAIN....of course....... :'(   Duesh couldn't even make it in the reserves,WOW.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 03:06:12 AM »
I make mistakes from time to time unlike you who has the tendency to make huge mistakes every time he posts. I admit when I am at fault because I am not only civilized but also not some damn neanderthal with a computer.

As for your second line, so what? You pay male prostitutes $5 to give you oral in a back alley. (1) I am not gay and, (2) I have a trust fund, investments, and a banking accounts with money in them. I have no debt and good credit and I have never been in need of a loan. You needed the army to pay for school whereas I can go to any law school I want without having to take out loans, government grants, or some scholarship money.

REALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 03:21:38 AM »
quote one inaccurate thing I've said about lawschool or the legal field. Good luck since you admitt yourself you don't know what your talking about. Just ramblings about gay sex(for whatever reason) and the usual "I could do anything but instead I'll never do anything.......but I could do anything............"Result?nothing.

Besides even if I was "gay" what are a homophobe? Enjoy getting disbarred for that. I'm suprised you didn't bring race into it for whatever bigit reason. Just more proof you are a highschool dropout pretending to have gone to anything beyond a remedial courses.
"dude your gay, no dude you are gay, nah I cant be because I said it first..........gayest gay of gaytown, thats how gay your dad was with your mom last night......wait what?"

I make mistakes from time to time unlike you who has the tendency to make huge mistakes every time he posts. I admit when I am at fault because I am not only civilized but also not some damn neanderthal with a computer.

As for your second line, so what? You pay male prostitutes $5 to give you oral in a back alley. (1) I am not gay and, (2) I have a trust fund, investments, and a banking accounts with money in them. I have no debt and good credit and I have never been in need of a loan. You needed the army to pay for school whereas I can go to any law school I want without having to take out loans, government grants, or some scholarship money.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 03:30:52 AM »
Your constant incomprehensible postings of what you believe I am saying which is besides the point and actually what I am not saying in that specific post. That is one inaccuracy and the other is your current post, just because you are in law school does not mean your opinions are considered fact. I may know little about the actual proceedings of law school but your opinion of the law is not more valid than my own.

The paying a male prostitute is to show how I view your posts. You post the most ridiculous inaccurate things pertaining to my life from one simple statement I created. It was not to say you were actually "gay" but rather make a point. Also, I would not get disbarred for making such claims if they were presented by your previous statement of, "I can get ass," females have vagina's and in general, heterosexual terms, getting "female private part" would be the correct terminology, not ass. "Ass" is reserved for homosexuals as that is the only orifice they have to engage in sexual acts. However, as stated before, I am just showing you what you look like when you post. You totally misconceive my posts and assert your straw man based logic. Get it? I surely hope so.

To everyone else, I am in no way, shape, or form a bigot or homophobe as REALITY has stated. I get along with all races of people and homosexuals.

REALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 03:43:42 AM »
I get how you keep saying how you don't know anything about law and that somehow that dosn't mean that you know less of what you don't  know about than the people who live it and know it first hand. "Don't let those Africans tell me what it is like in Africa just because I grew up in American and never even flew over it once..........."

Plus, it wouldn't matter if you tried to talk your way out of something with BS alternative meanings, ONLY your MensRea would apply there(what you actually meant it to be viewed as) and your Actus Reas(doing the damn thing) I know this is all crazy, since its not Matlock or judgejudy but too bad. You are a Rule11 (at best) and nothing else.

Your constant incomprehensible postings of what you believe I am saying which is besides the point and actually what I am not saying in that specific post. That is one inaccuracy and the other is your current post, just because you are in law school does not mean your opinions are considered fact. I may know little about the actual proceedings of law school but your opinion of the law is not more valid than my own.

The paying a male prostitute is to show how I view your posts. You post the most ridiculous inaccurate things pertaining to my life from one simple statement I created. It was not to say you were actually "gay" but rather make a point. Also, I would not get disbarred for making such claims if they were presented by your previous statement of, "I can get ass," females have vagina's and in general, heterosexual terms, getting "female private part" would be the correct terminology, not ass. "Ass" is reserved for homosexuals as that is the only orifice they have to engage in sexual acts. However, as stated before, I am just showing you what you look like when you post. You totally misconceive my posts and assert your straw man based logic. Get it? I surely hope so.

To everyone else, I am in no way, shape, or form a bigot or homophobe as REALITY has stated. I get along with all races of people and homosexuals.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 12:31:24 PM »
That would only apply if I said homophobic based remarks. I applaud your failure. Saying someone picks up male prostitutes is not homophobic in any way nor would such a saying get you disbarred. Good luck with law though as you will need more luck because your skills are lacking.

I said I don't know much about the, "PROCEEDINGS OF LAW SCHOOL," not the law. You once again you show the primitiveness that is your intellect.

This is all too similar to the time you called me racist for calling you an ape when I didn't know your race at the time. Yet, on the other-hand, you have spouted racist rhetoric throughout this forum mainly towards Caucasians.

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 01:23:06 PM »
The last few posts were hilarious! Numitor and pickle still going at it. Numitor, why do you keep changing your name and getting new accounts? After a few of your posts under each new name, it's easy to tell that it is you.  Why not just pick a name and stick with it? I think the only thing that could make this situation funnier is if the same person was behind both Pickle and Numitor.

REALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 04:00:32 PM »
Do you even know what the laws of defemation are retard? No, which is why you won't even pass junior college with your bus pass home.

That would only apply if I said homophobic based remarks. I applaud your failure. Saying someone picks up male prostitutes is not homophobic in any way nor would such a saying get you disbarred. Good luck with law though as you will need more luck because your skills are lacking.

I said I don't know much about the, "PROCEEDINGS OF LAW SCHOOL," not the law. You once again you show the primitiveness that is your intellect.

This is all too similar to the time you called me racist for calling you an ape when I didn't know your race at the time. Yet, on the other-hand, you have spouted racist rhetoric throughout this forum mainly towards Caucasians.