Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class Statistics?  (Read 6861 times)

pacelaw2013

• View Profile
Class Statistics?
« on: August 11, 2010, 03:58:13 PM »
Just wondering, does anybody know when to expect schools to start releasing the numbers for the incoming class. I would love to see what the incoming class profile looks like for my class and others that I got into!
Independence forever.

John Adams' last public words

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Class Statistics?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:01:46 AM »
I am wondering why people believe law school is hard? I read some of the editions of books students read in law school and was thinking, "this is rather easy to not only grasp but remember as well." People are just making law school seem hard when it is actually like an undergrad history course. Grasp and retain most of the information and get an easy A. Try completing any mathematics beyond linear Algebra and applied mathematics and then tell me how hard it is to stay at an A average in law school.

pacelaw2013

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 12:24:20 PM »
I think you misinterpreted my question. I was asking when the 2010 application pool numbers will be released (as in the 25-75 GPA/LSAT, acceptance %, ect. Not the grade curve. Also, I would rather take advice on how hard law school is by someone in it, not reading about it.
Independence forever.

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 05:29:08 PM »
Perhaps LS will be easy for you, but that is not the case for most students, at least not at first. The issue isn't just reading the material, and grasping it. Your professors will come up with ways to test you beyond that material by using hypotheticals that will test and push your understanding. The finals can be pretty formulaic, but you have to learn how to write them. Furthermore, by the time you actually take your final, you will have learned half the book to the whole book, depending on the class, which means that you will have to know a lot of information very, very well to get the A. You will have to figure out the issue(s) from the hypothetical and apply what you've learned very quickly. You can get As in law school, but they are certainly not easy As. I got quite a few As my first year, and I didn't think any of them were easy to get. However, maybe sonapickle is a super genius who is far superior to the rest of us.

Side note: Most of the people I've talked to in LS who thought it was easy or boasted like sonofapickle does didn't do very well on the finals.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 07:08:52 PM »
I am not those people. I have a natural disposition to grasp material that seems hard to everyday people and apply it rather quickly, or in other words, learn it quicker than other people. People call that genius and people like that are generally categorized as genius' because of that ability. Their minds work faster and operate at higher levels. I don't necessarily label myself as such but I would be considered one. I can read an average 200 page (not some idiotic, simpleton novel either, I am making reference to Soren) novel in one night or a little above an hour. Then again, I've been reading books all of my life so reading fast possibly has a small percentage pertaining to level of operation of the brain. Text books which are 800 pages generally take me a week to get through if I am trying to grasp, not all of it, but the core concepts of each chapter/section.

@pace: I am not reading about law school, I am reading about law in general that is taught in law school. I am basically getting the same information you are getting or learning the same material. There was one law student here a few months ago who was a 2L and I knew more about the law and could interpret it better than him. I basically gave the guy a free lesson on the law. He knew close to little of what I know. I don't have to be in law school to know more than you, I read more text books, can grasp material faster, and know actual people who are lawyers. The only difference between me and you is the age gap and the fact that you are in law school. However, that has little bearing on you being more well-versed than myself on the law.

REALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 10:53:49 AM »
Armchair warrior, why has your cowardass not done anything yet then?

I am not those people. I have a natural disposition to grasp material that seems hard to everyday people and apply it rather quickly, or in other words, learn it quicker than other people. People call that genius and people like that are generally categorized as genius' because of that ability. Their minds work faster and operate at higher levels. I don't necessarily label myself as such but I would be considered one. I can read an average 200 page (not some idiotic, simpleton novel either, I am making reference to Soren) novel in one night or a little above an hour. Then again, I've been reading books all of my life so reading fast possibly has a small percentage pertaining to level of operation of the brain. Text books which are 800 pages generally take me a week to get through if I am trying to grasp, not all of it, but the core concepts of each chapter/section.

@pace: I am not reading about law school, I am reading about law in general that is taught in law school. I am basically getting the same information you are getting or learning the same material. There was one law student here a few months ago who was a 2L and I knew more about the law and could interpret it better than him. I basically gave the guy a free lesson on the law. He knew close to little of what I know. I don't have to be in law school to know more than you, I read more text books, can grasp material faster, and know actual people who are lawyers. The only difference between me and you is the age gap and the fact that you are in law school. However, that has little bearing on you being more well-versed than myself on the law.

pacelaw2013

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 10:55:51 AM »
Can someone just please answer the question! AHHHHH.
Independence forever.

REALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 10:59:24 AM »
Yeah, this site is not for anwers, its for BSing You didn't know that?

Contact your school, each in different.

Can someone just please answer the question! AHHHHH.

pacelaw2013

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 11:08:07 AM »

The site is for both. I would appreciate if you answered serious questions (in the sence that its not a joke question) with a serious answer, rather than flaming with another poster. If you have no intention whatsoever of answering the question, then why post on this specific question?

Also, I am pretty sure the schools all do it at the same time, since the ABA releases that information annually.
Independence forever.

REALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 11:10:54 AM »
Fine, then contact the ABA first if you'd prefer. Do you really expect less of an accurate responce from them than a bunch of random people on here?

The site is for both. I would appreciate if you answered serious questions (in the sence that its not a joke question) with a serious answer, rather than flaming with another poster. If you have no intention whatsoever of answering the question, then why post on this specific question?

Also, I am pretty sure the schools all do it at the same time, since the ABA releases that information annually.
ntr