Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class Statistics?  (Read 6532 times)

REALITY

• View Profile
Re: Class Statistics?
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 12:55:09 AM »
You live in your daddies house, don't know jack about lawschool yet post on this forum about stuff you dont understand and don't even have what it takes to take a test to see what your score would be. You go on and on about how you don't go and on and then you do go on and on.
You assume everyone who has accomplished your goals in beneath you, but whatever I am just remember you are now and always will be at least 2 steps behind and beneath me. So what does that make you? There you go.

I never said I was perfect. Perfection is not what I would opt to be as imperfection gives life meaning. Yet, again, you prove to me your idiocy. I am good at what I do and whatever I venture into I do with the best of my ability. Aside from that, your idioms are trailing on the route of inane triviality, just stop while you have some modicum of self-preservation.
As for the undergrad remarks... I may be an "undergrad" but the facts don't change. I am much, much smarter than you will ever be in your miserable life.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 10:16:44 AM »
I only post stuff I do understand. Most of what I post is generally agreed by many people in law school and recent graduates. I don't know where you got that idea from. Also, a person who attends Cooley law is not two steps in front of me but rather, 10 steps behind. Like I said before, you place too much emphasis on pieces of paper and institutional education to know anything about the law. I've been studying law before you even decided to become a lawyer, so you really don't know as much except for some idiotic nonsense that law school is tough and the "interpretation" is hard.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 01:30:42 AM »
I am wondering why people believe law school is hard? I read some of the editions of books students read in law school and was thinking, "this is rather easy to not only grasp but remember as well." People are just making law school seem hard when it is actually like an undergrad history course. Grasp and retain most of the information and get an easy A. Try completing any mathematics beyond linear Algebra and applied mathematics and then tell me how hard it is to stay at an A average in law school.

On a forced curve, a very smart person will do worse when the material is easy than when it is hard.  If the material is hard, the very smart person will understand more of it than her average classmates, and so will be at an advantage.  If the material is easy, the very smart person will not understand much more of it than her average classmates, and so her advantage is lessened.  On a forced curve, the lessened advantage translates into a lesser likelihood that the very smart person will be the one getting the top grade.

Also, we'll know what you mean if you just say math, and not mathematics.  ;)
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

REALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 01:42:37 AM »
I think that it's funny as *&^% how he says that only after someone drops out of actual lawschool, takes advanced math(which dosnt even apply to lawschool) THEN they will understand what it was that they were just doing before doing the thing that had nothing to do with the thing in question. Yeah, my heads spinning too.

"Wrestle Aligators for a year and THEN you will understand how to sail a boat GodDamnit!"  ::)

I am wondering why people believe law school is hard? I read some of the editions of books students read in law school and was thinking, "this is rather easy to not only grasp but remember as well." People are just making law school seem hard when it is actually like an undergrad history course. Grasp and retain most of the information and get an easy A. Try completing any mathematics beyond linear Algebra and applied mathematics and then tell me how hard it is to stay at an A average in law school.

On a forced curve, a very smart person will do worse when the material is easy than when it is hard.  If the material is hard, the very smart person will understand more of it than her average classmates, and so will be at an advantage.  If the material is easy, the very smart person will not understand much more of it than her average classmates, and so her advantage is lessened.  On a forced curve, the lessened advantage translates into a lesser likelihood that the very smart person will be the one getting the top grade.

Also, we'll know what you mean if you just say math, and not mathematics.  ;)

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2010, 01:56:52 AM »
@REALITY: If you ever get clients I will feel sorry for them for having such an incompetent person as you for a lawyer seeing as though you cannot grasp simple sentences.

Advanced math/physics takes more skills and brain power than law school. Theoretical physics and particle physics is harder than anything a law school student will have to do in his/her life.

I believe people are rather embarrassed that when they see a person younger than them operating on a higher level, they stoop to lows to try and feel like they are important. I see that a lot. I don't need any world views or unfounded statements to know how I will perform compared to your inaccurate data, Babylawyer. Show me the studies/statistics of smarter students doing more poorly on easier subjects than harder subjects...  If you give me your own perception based off what you have seen that is simply a compositional error in logic.

REALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 02:21:36 AM »
I love how this guy keeps talking about "your clients will be upset that you know the law and not stuff that isn't the law, since the law is easy and someone not knowing law but knowing not law makes blah,blah F'in blah......"

Are you honestly asking BL for "proof" of how the curve works? Seriously, what an F'indumbass.
THAT is how you know he's just a troll, and not even a real undergrad student.

@REALITY: If you ever get clients I will feel sorry for them for having such an incompetent person as you for a lawyer seeing as though you cannot grasp simple sentences.

Advanced math/physics takes more skills and brain power than law school. Theoretical physics and particle physics is harder than anything a law school student will have to do in his/her life.

I believe people are rather embarrassed that when they see a person younger than them operating on a higher level, they stoop to lows to try and feel like they are important. I see that a lot. I don't need any world views or unfounded statements to know how I will perform compared to your inaccurate data, Babylawyer. Show me the studies/statistics of smarter students doing more poorly on easier subjects than harder subjects...  If you give me your own perception based off what you have seen that is simply a compositional error in logic.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 02:25:02 AM »
I don't need any world views or unfounded statements to know how I will perform compared to your inaccurate data, Babylawyer. Show me the studies/statistics of smarter students doing more poorly on easier subjects than harder subjects...  If you give me your own perception based off what you have seen that is simply a compositional error in logic.

What do you think is the error in my logic?  If you're well ahead of everyone else in terms of sheer brainpower, you would want a test on a forced curve to be as hard as possible, since that would provide you with more opportunities to show off your brainpower.  Easier test means less opportunity to show off brainpower and higher probability of being mistaken for an average intellect.  Seems to make perfect sense.  What do you think I'm getting wrong?

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 02:36:44 AM »
I love how this guy keeps talking about "your clients will be upset that you know the law and not stuff that isn't the law, since the law is easy and someone not knowing law but knowing not law makes blah,blah F'in blah......"

Are you honestly asking BL for "proof" of how the curve works? Seriously, what an F'indumbass.
THAT is how you know he's just a troll, and not even a real undergrad student.

Due to your inability to readily understand simple sentences, I will make them more simple for you. You, REALITY, a-r-e (sound it out) s-t-u-p-i-d (rhymes with cupid).

@babylawyer: your original...

a very smart person will do worse when the material is easy than when it is hard.  If the material is hard, the very smart person will understand more of it than her average classmates, and so will be at an advantage.

The curve isn't what I am addressing but rather your assessment of a smart individual doing poorly on easier material. I am arguing the logic of your premise which was that sentence. Your curves are to back it up but like I said before, they lack credible sources to make your aforementioned statement (i.e. smart doing poorly on easier material) valid.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 02:43:12 AM »
@babylawyer: your original...

a very smart person will do worse when the material is easy than when it is hard.  If the material is hard, the very smart person will understand more of it than her average classmates, and so will be at an advantage.

The curve isn't what I am addressing but rather your assessment of a smart individual doing poorly on easier material. I am arguing the logic of your premise which was that sentence. Your curves are to back it up but like I said before, they lack credible sources to make your aforementioned statement (i.e. smart doing poorly on easier material) valid.

Well then you completely missed the point.  I didn't say "a very smart person will do worse when the material is easy than when it is hard"; I said "On a forced curve, a very smart person will do worse when the material is easy than when it is hard."  The curve in combination with the easy material makes law school difficult by introducing a greater element of random chance than there would be if the material were hard or if there were no curve.

Also, that wasn't a premise.  The premises was actually that on an easy test, there is less of an opportunity for a smart person to show her superiority than there is on a hard test.  Do you disagree with that?

REALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010, 02:43:25 AM »
Better to be a "stupid" lawyer than a "smart" Troll living in his dads basement who can't even get in the Marines......oh yeah, I went there.

As for the curve, dumbass,if you don't understand that the curve impacts the grade(and how), you deserve to stay in your dads basement.