Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rolling Admissions Question -- October vs. December LSAT  (Read 1817 times)

bulldog555

• View Profile
    • Email
Rolling Admissions Question -- October vs. December LSAT
« on: August 10, 2010, 03:29:07 PM »
I'm new to the law school admissions process, but I'm aware that schools have rolling admissions windows, opening in October and closing in February.

I might have a chance to take the October LSAT, in which case I'll definitely apply for the law school class entering in the fall of 2011.  Otherwise (and more likely), I will be forced to wait until the December administration of the test.

If I end up taking the December LSAT, am I at a major disadvantage applying at that point in the admissions window?  If so, is there any way to lessen my disadvantage?  For instance, could I complete all parts of the application process in October, submit the application, then have the law schools to which I'm applying wait for my LSAT score in December?  Would that speed up the review of my application?  I remember that this was possible with the SAT for college admissions, though there was no rolling window at the schools to which I applied.

Any advice would be much appreciated -- thanks!

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rolling Admissions Question -- October vs. December LSAT
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 05:59:56 PM »
You can send all your materials in now and just say the LSAT has not been taken yet. I would imagine it would help to send it in early and if the LSAT turns out well they will let you in.  Submit materials now and take the LSAT when you are ready. Good luck to you.