Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Huge GPA Issue; Advice?  (Read 1005 times)

GatechTheron

• View Profile
    • Email
Huge GPA Issue; Advice?
« on: August 08, 2010, 12:47:10 PM »
With regard to GPA problems, I had worst possible phone call about 2 days ago.  In fact, it was collections.  I was confused at first, but then red flags went up.  Why would I owe money to a school I never attended?

The issue is as follows:  Before I recieved my acceptance from Georgia Tech for UG, I had signed up for classes at a previuos college.  However, I later decieded to go to Georgia Tech.  I would have bet my life on the fact that I dropped these classes.  Well, you guessed it.  I guess I had not.

When I called the university, they said I had recieved an F in all 5 classes.  I am currently contacting these professors to see if they would give me a "W", but in the meantime is there anything I can do with LSAC?  :'(

-Theron

michellecheri

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Huge GPA Issue; Advice?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »
I would obtain a copy of the course catalog and academic policies for the "offending" college. Are there any policies stating that your courses will be dropped if you don't pay tuition by a certain deadline?

I'm assuming you never paid for the courses if collections is calling you. If you never paid for the courses, and there is a policy to drop classes for nonpayment of tuition, then I would say you have a pretty strong argument on your hands. Is the college readily releasing your transcripts, etc., or are they blocking release of transcripts because of the alleged payment owed?