Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fee waiver for 2nd time applicants  (Read 513 times)

catimini

• View Profile
Fee waiver for 2nd time applicants
« on: August 05, 2010, 05:56:24 AM »
Hi everyone,
I am applying to law school this year, this is my second time, and I've never heard of any case like mine, so I hope some of you can help me out.
I took my first LSAT in 2009 and applied with the score, which was way below my usual scores on prep tests. I received offers and got waitlisted by some of the schools, but I couldn't settle for them.
So I retook the LSAT in February this year and scored higher, so I withdrew all admissions and decided to reapply to higher ranking law schools.
Since this is the second time I am applying, I am hoping to get fee waivers. So, here are my questions.

1. Will the law schools consider me as a candidate even though I have a record of applying last year?
2. I scored 163 the first time and 174 the second time. Do you think I have a shot at receiving a fee waiver from T14 schools?
3. When do law schools begin sending fee waivers? I figured it must depend on the school, since I received one from U of Minnesota in April, but I am planning to apply as soon as they begin receiving applications and I wouldn't like to get a fee waiver after applying, if that's even possible.