Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: virtual support group/study group for October 2010 test  (Read 701 times)

madrileno86

• View Profile
virtual support group/study group for October 2010 test
« on: August 04, 2010, 05:41:34 AM »
I am not sure about anyone else but LSAT studying is starting to become completely dreadful for me and I find myself only half studying for about an hour and then just complete burnt out. Would anybody be interested in forming a study group/support group on this forum to make each other more accountable and give each other motivation to actually study to prepare ourselves for the big day? We could do the same preptests each week and then discuss our mistakes, our score, pacing/timing suggestions, etc. I plan on doing very intensive studying for the next two months and definitely need some support along the way!!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: virtual support group/study group for October 2010 test
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 09:35:38 AM »
october test be hardest ever.

Sappho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 01:36:09 AM »
I'm game for being part of a virtual support group for the LSAT.  Of course it would be nice to have a face-face study group/support group as well, but no one responded to that inquiry. 

I've been studying off-on for the LSAT since May.  I've had some issues focusing, but as time has progressed, I know I can't slack off anymore!  Good luck studying all and I look forward to hearing from fellow LSAT October 2010 takers!
Law School 2011.
Took the LSAT twice.  Scored higher (thankfully) with the second test.
Special thank you to http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/ for the LSAT study guides.
Good luck with applications everyone!

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 12:55:20 AM »
I laughed when I saw a virtual support group. I have no need as I am fully prepared. I took two tests this past week, with the conditions of the LSAT, and scored two 180s. I am fully prepared and I am going to relax for the next month and a half, then I will freshen up on the skills I already have a well enough grasp on, which is all of them, and ace the LSAT. If you have been studying like me and have the intellectual capacity, the LSAT would seem like some 3rd grade mathematics test.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 03:22:48 PM »
Just write LSAC and tell them you got a 180 on your practice test and they should grant you the score.  When I did that they laughed, but I am nowhere near your intellectual capacity. Realistically you could just tell Harvard & Yale you received 180 on a practice LSAT and they should grant you automatic admission. Better yet tell them you got a 185. I am sure with your utter genius you saw the hidden 10 bonus questions that no other LSAT taker noticed in the last 50 years. By doing that you will be named the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and you will not even have to bother with peasant folk who attend law school.  You might have to deal with some inferior Supreme Court Justices for awhile, but they will bow down to you and resign once they encounter someone of your intellectual capacity. In a short time  you will be named Supreme Ruler of the Universe. You will cure all of life's problems and the human race will evolve into something nobody ever saw. I can't believe someone as genius as you even has to waste their time on the LSAT. Don't they know you are Sonofapickle the genius who posts on an internet board to tell everyone how smart he is.  You have my support for Supreme Ruler of the Universe and I am appalled that schools like Harvard & Yale would even make you take the LSAT. That test is for peasants and the rules should not apply to someone on your intellectual level.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 09:52:31 PM »
ha ha, julie laugh.

RachelK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 06:51:18 PM »
Omg Yess!!! I need a study group badly!!! So here's my story. Just graduated from a Big Ten University. Ideally, I would have been starting my first year at law school this fall but due to my immense failure at the LSAT last June, I was forced to postpone my application till this fall. I sadly got a 144 on my first test. However, since then, I have been studying off and on and have received a score as high as 159 but mostly I have been consistently scoring in the 150s. Now I have 2 months to prepare for this wretched exam. I don't have a job because its really hard to get a job in this economy with a political science degree even if you do have a 3.75 GPA with Honors. So I"m trying really hard to stay positive and not allow this test to break me but Gosh, its getting so hard to stay motivated when I"m broke and i have loans to pay back and this stupid test is kicking my ass!! ahhh, so yes, a study group like this would be absolutely wonderful. I am a woman of color but I'm not going to rely on that because frankly, I don't believe affirmative action actually helps people when it comes to getting into law school.

Have you guys considered skype? I have a webcam and would be willing to do a video chat with someone who is dedicated to studying everyday.

madrileno86

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 10:44:50 AM »
Glad people are interested!!! I am also living at home this summer without a job and tons of time on my hands, but just have a hard time sitting down and studying. I do not have a webcam but I would more than happy to exchange emails or chat on gmail and help each other stay motivated. Right now I am focusing my time on logic games and logic reasoning. I have already completed the Logic Games bible and I am half way through the Logic Reasoning bible. I am also during 3 days of studying followed by 1 day of not studying. If anybody is still interested let me know and we can get this going!