Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New York City Based Tutor Needed  (Read 743 times)

SpaceLitigator

• View Profile
    • Email
New York City Based Tutor Needed
« on: August 03, 2010, 03:55:34 PM »
Hello world -

I am a older applicant (5+ years out of undergrad) who scored a 161 on my first real test, the December LSAT.  I had ranged from about 160-170 on practice tests, so I was understandably disappointed to come in at the low end on the actual test.  Fast forward about 9 months, and I am currently in at zero schools and sweating it out on waitlists for my final two.

In anticipation of the possibility that I will need to begin the process anew this fall, I am looking for a New York City based tutor to get me up over the hurdle in time for the October LSAT.  Does anyone have a tutor with great results that they would recommend, or somewhere I could look for unbiased reviews/references of some of the popular companies specifically as it relates to private tutors?  I will enable the contact me feature in case you don't want to post individual contact details on the message board.

My preparation method last time was about 6 weeks of intense self study using the Powerscore books.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: New York City Based Tutor Needed
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
Andrew Brody at the Princeton Review or Carolyn Nelson at Nelson Test Prep.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: New York City Based Tutor Needed
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 09:19:14 PM »
You might also do some investigative work and see who the hotshot PS tutor is.  Since you've already prepped with PS methods, that might be easiest.  If you go with someone else, try to forget the stuff you've learned and do it your tutor's way.  Don't mix methods.