Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone scored a 129 on their Diagnostic LSAT exam?  (Read 1963 times)

swhitten

• View Profile
    • Email
Has anyone scored a 129 on their Diagnostic LSAT exam?
« on: July 26, 2010, 09:24:34 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie to this site and I need some advice.  I am looking to score in the 170's on my LSAT exam.  I scored a 129 on my diagnostic lsat exam and I need some advice on how to raise my score.  Currently, I am taking a prep course.  However, I would like to know if you can give me any advice on supplemental reads.

Thanks very much,

Strong Willed :)

pacelaw2013

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone scored a 129 on their Diagnostic LSAT exam?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 12:57:15 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie to this site and I need some advice.  I am looking to score in the 170's on my LSAT exam.  I scored a 129 on my diagnostic lsat exam and I need some advice on how to raise my score.  Currently, I am taking a prep course.  However, I would like to know if you can give me any advice on supplemental reads.

Thanks very much,

Wow, I don't want to come off as one of those who says you can't do it, but I mean, 129 to 170 is pretty tough. It would be more reasonable to expect perhaps mid 140's? I don't want to say don't try, but to expect a 170 is just setting yourself up for failure.

Take some classes at Kaplan or something like that. I liked the way Kaplan worked for me. But even the best systems only state toping out at a 10 point increase. Honestly I would think long and hard if law school is right for you. I hate to be that "elitist" because I do feel that every law school is at least decent. But I mean, 129 is low.

What was your undergrad GPA, that would say a lot to what score you would need.

Just realize that even LSAT classes are very expensive, and may not be the best investment for you.

I am sorry if its not what you wanted to hear, or if it came off harsh, not intended. Just good luck if you decide to pursue it, and hopefully you are happy where you end up.
Independence forever.

John Adams' last public words

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 02:12:11 PM »
If you studied and got a 129, then clearly you aren't lawyer material. Go into a different field.

llsatt1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 09:21:41 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Thanks very much,

Everyone should always aim for 180 and put in as much time as possible.  Then if you fall short like everyone does except a lucky few then you deal with it.  Always believe you can do it until you put in all the effort possible!!!!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 10:58:34 AM »
oh my.

Lawra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 10:49:09 AM »
That sounds like quite a reach. Good luck. I scored 150 on my diagnostic and I'm pretty nervous about being able to reach 165.

DaisyCynthia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
hey everyone...I'm newbie here.

@ swhitten - a 129 is a low score...but I think its defintely possible for you to imporve your score dramatically. You're already taking a prep course and as long as you put in the time and effort I think you'll be pleased by the improvement in your score come test day.

@lawra I also scored in the in 150s (a 152) my goal is to reach 170. Like I told swhitten...as long as we put in the time/effort I think our goals are attainable. Best of luck!

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 04:32:40 PM »
129 to 170 is quite a jump.  I've seen 20+ point jumps, but they're rare.  Regardless, the strategy for improving is pretty much the same no matter where you are:  Learn the basics and practice them until you puke.  Pay attention to what they tell you in class, and do it exactly the way your instructor shows you.  Do all of your homework three times.  Don't worry about the fact you remember the answer.  Just work through the steps and make sure you understand exactly how the argument works (or, more often, doesn't work) and exactly why each answer choice is either right or wrong.  You should be able to put your reasoning in words.  In fact, a really good exercise is to write out a sentence for each answer choice explaining why it's right or wrong.  Now get to work!