Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oct 2010 Test, questions about Test Day  (Read 1427 times)

greencheese

• View Profile
Oct 2010 Test, questions about Test Day
« on: July 26, 2010, 08:02:46 AM »
Hi everyone,

I had a few questions about what is allowed/expected on the day of the test.

1. Timers: so for the last time, no timer of any shape or form is allowed, is that right? Just an analog wrist watch, as the LSAC website describes? (friends who have taken the test have all used timers on the day of, but I realize the rules may have changed ... but I really wish I could have a timer, ugh)

2. Breaks: so if I understand the information on the LSAC website correctly, it will be three sections straight with no breaks, followed by one 15-minute break, then two more sections AND the writing section, with no breaks? Seems pretty harsh to me. But then again, it is the LSAT :-/

3. Binding of test pages: does anyone know if the pages of the test will be such that I can see two pages side-by-side?--so the pages will be stapled/bound such that I can have a left and right pages? This question may throw some people off, but it occurred to me that the practice tests I've been taking are stapled only at the top left corner, which means I am having to turn the page more often, and the Reading sections are awkward and uncomfortable bc I am trying to force the "left page" (where the reading passage appears) to be parallel to the "right page" (where the questions appear).

4. London test site: has anyone had the experience of taking the test in London, and if so, was there anything about your test-taking experience here that one would not expect from reading the LSAC page?

http://www.lsac.org/LSAT/day-of-test.asp

Thanks in advance!

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 2010 Test, questions about Test Day
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:51:47 AM »
for 1-3: yes
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 10:59:05 AM »
october test be hardest ever.

llsatt1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 03:16:41 PM »
december test be hardest test ever too.

recommend take june 2029 test.

Scroll

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 10:00:46 AM »
What makes people say the October/December tests are hardest? (Though it's a known fact the February LSAT is the most inconvenient to take, if only because you never get to see what you got right/wrong and Feb tests are never released).

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 04:46:05 PM »
1. Timers: so for the last time, no timer of any shape or form is allowed, is that right? Just an analog wrist watch, as the LSAC website describes? (friends who have taken the test have all used timers on the day of, but I realize the rules may have changed ... but I really wish I could have a timer, ugh)

No timers.  IMHO, by the time you take the test you should have a good enough sense of your timing that you don't need one.

2. Breaks: so if I understand the information on the LSAC website correctly, it will be three sections straight with no breaks, followed by one 15-minute break, then two more sections AND the writing section, with no breaks? Seems pretty harsh to me. But then again, it is the LSAT :-/

Child's play.  Most law school exams are 3 hours with no break, and some are 8+.  If you can't sit still for more than 105 minutes, law school is gonna suck.

3. Binding of test pages: does anyone know if the pages of the test will be such that I can see two pages side-by-side?--so the pages will be stapled/bound such that I can have a left and right pages? This question may throw some people off, but it occurred to me that the practice tests I've been taking are stapled only at the top left corner, which means I am having to turn the page more often, and the Reading sections are awkward and uncomfortable bc I am trying to force the "left page" (where the reading passage appears) to be parallel to the "right page" (where the questions appear).

It's a booklet, just like the SAT.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 09:08:26 AM »
What makes people say the October/December tests are hardest? (Though it's a known fact the February LSAT is the most inconvenient to take, if only because you never get to see what you got right/wrong and Feb tests are never released).

only oct.  never mind numbnuts.

Julie Fart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 11:41:25 AM »

I remember dealing with you and your nonsensical postings while I was applying to law school three years ago. I am on LSD for the first time in two years to look up something on the graduates board and saw your name. I cannot believe that you are still here and am trying to come up with a legitimate reason for why you are still posting on the LSAT board. Please enlighten us.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 02:06:13 PM »

I remember dealing with you and your nonsensical postings while I was applying to law school three years ago. I am on LSD for the first time in two years to look up something on the graduates board and saw your name. I cannot believe that you are still here and am trying to come up with a legitimate reason for why you are still posting on the LSAT board. Please enlighten us.

ahoy, o clever one.  julie sorry hear your bile acting up again.

Julie Fart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 09:34:58 PM »

ahoy, o clever one.  julie sorry hear your bile acting up again.

I suppose it was not clever of me to ask you to enlighten us when you have absolutely nothing to contribute to anything.