Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Campbell Law vs. Central Law  (Read 879 times)

fishacabo31

• View Profile
Campbell Law vs. Central Law
« on: July 22, 2010, 03:11:24 PM »
I have gotten into Campbell University school of law and NCCU law. I can't decide which one to go to and deposits are due soon. Campbell would cost about 100k to go to and central would only cost about 25k to go to. That is a big difference. However, Campbell has new facilities in downtown raleigh, next to all the law firms, they also have the nc business court in their building as well. There is more opportunity in downtown raleigh. Central however is ranked as the best deal in the nation. Central's bar passage rate is about 80% compared to Campbell (which has the highest in the state) at 95-98%. About 92 percent of the people at campbell are employed within 9 months compared to 80 percent for central. I also have many contacts at Campbell. Based on a price standpoint central is MUCH cheaper. Is the extra 75k for Campbell worth it? let me know your thoughts.

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Campbell Law vs. Central Law
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 03:31:38 PM »
There are good things about both programs. NCCU is a T-4, but it is really, really inexpensive. (I considered going there myself because of how cheap it is, but chose to go somewhere else instead.) Campbell, while T-4, is more respected than other T-4 schools in the state. It really depends on what you want to do when you graduate (such as if there is a specialty you want to focus on and 1 of those schools has a certificate in it) and how much debt you are willing to go into to be a JD. If you know some NC lawyers, maybe you could talk to them about how much of a difference going to Campbell will make and whether it is worth the extra expense.