Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Appealing Denial of Accommodations Request  (Read 645 times)

RR20

• View Profile
Appealing Denial of Accommodations Request
« on: July 19, 2010, 04:21:14 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with this and being successful? I recently submitted documentation from when I was younger until now over past accommodations and materials regarding my impairment and they rejected my request bc I did well in college with accommodations and scored in the average range on the SAT and the past LSAT's I have taken. I obviously want to appeal their decision ( spoken to two lawyers who have dealt with LSAC before, but charge a lot), and would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

niclasuofa

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Appealing Denial of Accommodations Request
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 06:07:47 PM »
Hey there.  I had a similar experience when I first looked at taking the test.  I spent hundreds of dollars to renew the certification of my diagnosis (ADD) and was denied accommodations by LSAC.   They have been taken to court countless times from what I understand by  the justice department on the ground of violating the ADA.  That being said, I think the legal route is your best option, not inexpensive, but best shot.   I am going to learn to deal with the restraints and do the best that I can.

exspes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 09:35:21 PM »
You want to sue your way into lawschool?  ???

I am not saying you don't have rights, but realise that lawschool with be more tests, lots of them, then a bar exam, and then practice.
You may be able to sue each test as you go, and mabey win, but then real life in the end.........ask yourself if its worth it. There are a lot of good disabled athletes out there, but most realise that they belong in the special olympics and don't try to sue their way into the regular ones, same for why there is a WMBA too. Just a thought to think about is all, its you life, best of luck either way.

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 11:20:39 PM »
expes, you wouldn't happen to be Cooley/Thelo/Numitor would you? He recently disappeared and he had some very distinctive ways of writing that you also seem to have: realise instead of realize, mabey instead of maybe, lots of missing possessive marks, lots of dots between sentences, etc. You also seemed very upset about the Cooley article and the posted responses (and I believe he went to Cooley). If you're not the same person, I'm sorry for the confusion. If you are, then did you close that account or get kicked off by a moderator?