Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T4, law journal, accepted at T2 (Camden)  (Read 2251 times)

makaf2000

• View Profile
Re: T4, law journal, accepted at T2 (Camden)
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 05:03:35 PM »
Please don't take it personally. I am trying to facilitate as many responses as possible by throwing more information. I asppreciate all the answers I get and consider all the factors. Obviously, I get different opinions from many, iincluding totally opposite opinions. One more thing, though - I am not "she", I am "him". It is funny that I came across as "she", I wonder why:).Anyway, times are very tough now, nothing is guaranteed, but nothing was guaranteed previously either. I spent several years in law firms myself, starting as a legal assistant-paper filer with solo practitioner to a paralegal in a corp law firm (small-to-midsize). I just hope that it will give me a better shot at employment upon graduation. On the other hand, if economy sucks so bad that all that is irrelevant - then nothing else pretty much matters.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 05:10:18 PM »
What law school are you currently going to? 

It is my own opinion that unless you know exactly where you want to live or go to an elite school then go to an ABA school and get out with as little debt as possible. If you know exactly the state or city you want to live in then rankings etc should be thrown out the window again minus Harvard etc otherwise you should go to a school in the location you really want to live, but if you don't even know where you really want to live then just get an ABA degree at a cheap state school CUNY, FIU, South Dakota, North Dakota, another guy gave a whole list of them and if you can get out of an ABA school with 50 or 60K in debt that is awesome. 

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 08:56:09 AM »
I think you're being a little harsh.  She didn't say we were being pessimistic in general, just that we are more pessimistic than another board, which I'm guessing is TLS.  My general sense is that TLS is full of cheerleaders, so that's probably an accurate statement.

I don't think I'm completely off my rocker here.  What the OP said was "By the way, this board is generally more pessimistic than another board, where I posted a similar question. Just an observation." 

From this post, he insinuates that we were more pessimistic in answering his question than another board.  My answer: I don't know how he could conclude that I was being pessimistic in answering his question.  Although my conclusion may appear pessimistic, it is based on objective facts (which I have cited to) and is rationally drawn.  I caution the OP that he should not discard my posts as overly-pessimistic and should instead use them to make an informed decision with respect to his transfer. 

I'm not here to be his cheerleader, that's not what I do.  He asked a question and I gave an honest answer.  If you want a dose of reality, come here; if you need a boost of false confidence, go to TLS.