Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: YLS Grad (and Writer) Editing Essays  (Read 616 times)

Essay Helper

• View Profile
    • Email
YLS Grad (and Writer) Editing Essays
« on: July 10, 2010, 04:00:10 PM »
Hello everyone,

I just graduated from Yale Law School. This year, Iíll be at another law school writing a book, which is sort of about law, but not really. Since I could use some extra money (for food, etc), Iíve decided to hang out a shingle and offer students some help strengthening their law school essays.

My bona fides: Iíve been tuning up peopleís essays for a while, and I think I have a knack for it. So far Iíve helped kids on essays that got them into Harvard, Yale, Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard Law, Columbia Law, Chicago Law, Chicago Med, Emory Med, and other places. Over time, I have developed an approach to the personal statement that has worked well for othersóand for me as well. When I applied to law school, I was accepted at Harvard, Stanford, and Yale before Christmas; soon afterward, Columbia and Michigan offered me full rides. The deans at Harvard, Yale, and Michigan said especially nice things about my essays.

As for my service, Iíll charge a flat, comparably cheap feeóthe cost of a standard airfare. There is no overhead, no BS, and no crazy $250 hourly charges to work with someone with hazy credentials. Itíll just be you and me, one on oneówith me charging about one tenth of that $250 an hour. For those unsure whether they want in, I will read through anyoneís essay and offer a paragraph of feedback for free, no questions asked.

Unlike the rest of the application, the personal statement can beóand, if handled right, should beófun. If interested, email me for prices and details at lawschoolwin@gmail.com.