Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3.9/152  (Read 653 times)

Merhpe

• View Profile
3.9/152
« on: July 04, 2010, 09:41:50 PM »
Hey y'all,
I have a 3.9 from LSU and I recently got a 152 on the LSAT. I will be taking the LSAT again, but I wanted to get some opinions on my situation.  I'm a white male with a solid resume (no awesome work experience but strong involvment and a lot of offices in organizaions and awards).  Do you think there is any chance of me getting into lsu with those numbers (very curious)? When I take the yes again, what score do you think would more or less ensure admission? Do you think I could get a scholarship at loyola new orleans with those numbers?

Merhpe

• View Profile
Re: 3.9/152
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 09:42:38 PM »
sorry i posted this twice.

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »
If you check out Law School Numbers it will show you what scores are getting in (list & graph) and who's getting scholarships (often including what amounts they're awarded).

Here's the link for Loyola NO on LSN
http://loyola-neworleans.lawschoolnumbers.com/

It looks like you have a good chance of getting in with some scholarship money based on this decision cycle.

lawboy81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 01:54:54 PM »
Loyola gives out scholarship money to 152's?? Ouch, didn't realize they were that desperate...
Loyola grads can get decent jobs in NOLA -- by decent I mean D.A., P.D., state AG's office, and small firms.
I imagine LSU places better anywhere else in the state. LSU seems t get kind of shut out of NOLA though.
I'd think if you get a 156 you should get into LSU, maybe even just a 155 with your GPA. You're almost there. If you get a 160 (or even 159) you might get Tulane -- then again Tulane is very expensive and might not be worth sticker.
One more thing about Loyola -- they have a very rough curve -- I think it's a 2.7.

SaraJean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 03:06:05 PM »
My favorite site for that question is http://officialguide.lsac.org/'s "UGPA/LSAT Search."  I prefer it over Law School Numbers because LSN assumes that everyone is telling the truth.  The Official Guide's drawback is that it doesn't give information about scholarships awarded.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 11:32:02 PM »
Honestly, just study your brains out for the LSAT. That's all that really matters in your situation.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?