Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted off the University of Maine waitlist yet?  (Read 1707 times)

crash9919

• View Profile
    • Email
Accepted off the University of Maine waitlist yet?
« on: July 01, 2010, 03:27:25 PM »
Looking to find out if anyone has received an acceptance off the University of Maine waitlist yet...curious to know how you were notified and when you received the acceptance. Thanks!

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Accepted off the University of Maine waitlist yet?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 04:56:23 PM »
Honestly if you are only considering Maine for the rankings do not go man. I am just assuming you are from California from your other post, but the U.S. News Rankings are an absolute joke not approved by anybody the ABA, LSAC, AALS all explicitly say to ignore it and if you look at the ludicrous formula they have you will see why.

I almost made the same mistake basing my decisions on the rankings going to Michigan State instead of a tier 4 in California and that would have been the WORST decision of my entire life. Considering I want to live in California.  Really don't make any decisions based on U.S. News Rankings because outside of the top 25 or so schools it just does not matter. 

I don't even know if you are taking rankings into consideration for your decisions, but I just wanted to warn you against relying on the rankings when making your decision.

crash9919

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Accepted off the University of Maine waitlist yet?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 06:34:01 PM »
Yeah I'm from Orange County, CA...I look at the rankings, but I try not to get too wrapped up in them for the same reasons you stated. I'm going to want to be able to practice in CA eventually no matter where I go, of course it would be more difficult to make that happen if I attended Maine, but not impossible. I think Maine was attractive largely because I wanted to just be on the other coast for a few years. Anyhow, it doesn't look like it's going to happen like some of the others I'm on the waitlist for, and I think I can escape the OC just as much if I went down to TJ in San Diego.